MXA's list of kx250 Hop Ups

6 replies to this topic
  • PAdaytonaman

Posted March 01, 2008 - 04:07 PM

In the latest issue of MXA they list the best mods for the kx 250. They list:

Larger rear sprocket (tightens up the gearing, less gap from 2nd to 3rd)
22mm offset triple clamps(lessens the push in the corners)
linkage(gets the shock to ride in the middle of the stroke and lowers height)
pipe, the stocker is too loud after a few rides.and hp gain in the middle(2hp)

and a few other's

Who here has done them and what do you think. Are these changes worth it?

DO these same mods apply for an 07 as well?

• asgrayasitgets

Posted March 01, 2008 - 04:20 PM

i have an 07 and i put on the RG3 triple clamps (22mm)- way better control in cornering. i put a pro circuit TI-4 pipe on and you could notice the increase, but it also changed around where the power was. so after using the stock for a while and then putting on the pipe, i had to learn to ride it again. with that pipe i never touch 2 gear except for starts. always 3 and 4 on track. and i believe i put on a larger sprocket in the back, this always helps i find.

what i would like to know if anyone has put any hot cams in their bikes and what difference it has made. also looking to put a higher compression piston in and wondering if it is worth it. i would guess it would.

thanks

• Mike McCutcheon

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:29 PM

I have a 08 that I put a FMF Ti Core slip-on and Hot Cams in. I didn't try each separately but I can tell you the bike really pulls better, esp. in the mid-upper mid range. I let a friend ride it who has the hi-compression piston and FMF full Ti megga bomb system on his 08 and he liked my set up a little better. He ordered cams the next day. He rides the Pro class and I ride the Vet classes by the way. Cams are the best bang for the buck I think. I like the stock gearing best with my set up. The improved mid range closes the gap between 2nd and 3rd. Man this bike is fun to ride!

• joshb

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:31 PM

the rags irritate me they don't know what they're talking about just ride it. don't need clamps unless your pro or close to it. i've never felt a push in corners.

• Gurdy

Posted March 01, 2008 - 07:25 PM

I agree with Mike, Hot Cams stage 1 rocks on this bike best mod you can do

• Doofosmitch

Posted March 02, 2008 - 05:27 AM

the rags irritate me they don't know what they're talking about just ride it. don't need clamps unless your pro or close to it. i've never felt a push in corners.

Yep me either.
Unless your name is Chad Reed, James Stewart, RV, etc etc...

Then you don't need mods.
You can change the looks of your bike ( i have )

But the motor is good enough and the suspension could do with revalving depending on your weight.

• Johnny_On_The_Spot

Posted March 02, 2008 - 08:32 AM

idk compared to the other thumpers ive ridden (05 yz250f, 06 crf250) it handles much better, but i do notice a push on flat turns after coming off a yz125. i still have to get used to the bike tho:excuseme:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What is the best size big bore for 250f ?.. by Johnnywadd739

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2013 kx250 gold valves by Dan Paull

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2007 Kx250f Jetting At 6000ft Altitude by TahoeKX250F

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

KX250F STREET LEGAL SUPERMOTO BUILD (pic heavy) by Bazuka Joe

• Hot  175 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 kx250f tune by Green 917

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.