turn Signals wont flash

10 replies to this topic
  • riding4life162

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:27 PM

So I just bought this XR650l and was connecting the turn signals, they come on but they wont flash. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

• martinfan30

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:30 PM

I'd try a new flasher.

• Thunderbug

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Sometimes when one of the flasher bulbs is burned out the flasher will discontinue.

Maybe the L does that.

• riding4life162

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:46 PM

Well the turn signal turs on but doesnt blink

• Horri

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:46 PM

All the bulbs must be exactly the same wattage and the flasher must be matched to those bulbs..or the bulbs matched to the wattage of the flasher.Make sure all the connections to the indicators are clean and a good fit...check the earths and make sure their all clean and attached solidly to their respective points ,,,thats all earths not just the flasher ones..Also try starting the bike..Sometimes they won't flash if the batteries a bit dodgy.The xtra power to it sometimes kicks them off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:49 PM

All the bulbs must be exactly the same wattage and the flasher must be matched to those bulbs..or the bulbs matched to the wattage of the flasher.Make sure all the connections to the indicators are clean and a good fit...check the earths and make sure their all clean ,,,thats all earths not just the flasher ones..Also try starting the bike..Sometimes they won't flash if the batteries a bit dodgy.The xtra power to it sometimes kicks them off.

You bring up some key points. The wattage's must all match. All grounds/earths must be clean. Any difference in resistance will cause some funky stuff to happen.

• riding4life162

Posted March 01, 2008 - 04:28 PM

I figured it out..... I was looking at the wire diagram and realized that all turn signals were connected (duhhh), so in order for them to work correctly they all must be connect. I only had the front 2 connected at first. Thanks for the assistance guys.

• Denn10

Posted March 01, 2008 - 09:34 PM

thats also a notice to let you know if a bulbs out maybe? alot like a car when ones out the blinker will flash funny and ill bet this may do that also, not certain but sounds like it does.

Where in CA are you? Welcome to TT

• riding4life162

Posted March 01, 2008 - 11:03 PM

thats also i notice to let you know if a bulbs out maybe? alot like a car when ones out the blinker will flash funny and ill bet this may do that also, not certain but sounds like it does.

Where in CA are you? Welcome to TT

Covina/west covina.

• ChrisCorbett

Posted April 03, 2008 - 12:16 PM

I have just read your post as I have the same problem and was going to pose the question!
I will try plugging all in!

Cheers

• riding4life162

Posted April 03, 2008 - 03:44 PM

If all your electrical wiring is good then it should work, u cant just have 1, 2, or 3 lights plugged in all 4 have to be plugged in.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.