YZ timing i finally did it

3 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted April 22, 2002 - 04:42 AM

i figured in the first year i had this bike that i would get used to it and learn how it rides. So in the second year my friend talked me into yz timing it. All i can say is WOW. Glad i did it. But now i want a 426. LOL

• skippy

Posted April 23, 2002 - 01:47 AM

I'm thinking of doing this mod but I'm a bit worried about breaking loose of traction

while climbing snotty hills.
I understand that the bike will accelerate better but is it still rideable in the tight stuff.
What jetting changes did you make.?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beached1

Posted April 23, 2002 - 03:26 AM

I found the YZ timming better in helping me correct myself when I get out of shape on big hillclimbs. Better throttle response.

Posted April 23, 2002 - 11:08 AM

I just went to YZ timing over the winter and WOW this thing pulls as soon as you twist the throttle. No loss of bottom end here.

Pete :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.