07 Yz 450

5 replies to this topic
  • RFBComp

Posted March 01, 2008 - 09:30 AM

I want to buy some Hand Guards and a Skid Plate Today.

I like the Acerbis RALLY PRO but heard they don't fit well? Any thoughts on this?

I was thinking about the LightSpeed - Carbon Fiber Glide Plate. Any one have one on this bike? How does it fit and look?

I havn't had the chance to ride the bike yet but what do you guys think about the exahust? Should I upgrade.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 01, 2008 - 11:40 AM

what kind of riding are you doing? if you are doing alot of offroad then i would reccomend a aluminum skiplate rather then the carbon one. i had a lightspeed on my 07 for about 4 rides. i took it out and my front tire picked up a rock and cracked it. so i ditched it and got the GYTR alum glide plate. wish i would of bought this first.. excellent fit and finish. holds up to great abuse.

as for exhaust.. ride it first then ask. but Dr.d, Mrd, Fmf, and white bros pipes will yeild a good result in good power off the bottom.

• RFBComp

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:13 PM

I do all trail riding....thanks for the heads up on the skid plate...I was going to buy it because of the looks of it more than anything...but if it cracks I will go with the aluminum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdevil72

Posted March 01, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Dont go with aluminum it will just make a noisy engine noisier, go with a hyde racing plastic skid plate. Bulletproof, i have a lot of rocks hit my plate just bounces off.

• RFBComp

Posted March 03, 2008 - 07:50 PM

Does anyone know if the Acerbis RALLY PRO fit on these handle bars ok?

• Dveitch8

Posted March 03, 2008 - 08:25 PM

I am not sure of the rally pro but I do mostly trail riding and the acerbis uniko fit good and there hold up well so far. As far as skid plates I like the works connection aluminum plate, it doesnt stand out but its definitley saved me quite a few times, and with the foam that comes with it installed I've never heard any increase in engine noise, as far as exhaust I have the full titanium FMF with the megabomb and noticed a huge difference, its not really necessary but the stock exhaust just doesnt sound that good! Iam sure everyones plate is good. But if you want excellence get the works! :smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.