Yamaha white plastics?

11 replies to this topic
  • motorider66

Posted March 01, 2008 - 07:47 AM

I was thinking about changing the look on my 06' YZ450 and was wondering about the white plastics? Does the white show more damage than the blue and do they get dirty quickly with stains, etc. after so many rides, do they show the dirt more? Just feel a little uneasy about white plastics but they look great in the show room. One how rides with white plastics care to give me some insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• yz426em

Posted March 01, 2008 - 08:31 AM

I think the white is much better, for instance when you crash you dont get the white stress marks. Also as far as keeping it clean its pretty easy all you do is use a mr. clean magic eraser and the white stays very clean as long as you dont let it sit dirty.

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 01, 2008 - 11:47 AM

just make sure you give it some attention after a ride and you will have a good lookin bike. on a personal note.. try to find a chain lube that has minimal cast off, or you will be scrubbin the rear fender alot.

• Dveitch8

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:06 PM

the white stays looking good for a while some times it needs a good scrub to get the dirt out of the scratches but when the plastic looses that shine it still looks good. white seems to hide scratches pretty well also

• almostinvincible119

Posted March 01, 2008 - 02:38 PM

brillo pads and fine grit sandpaper work to. i love my white. and if you get the polisport plastic or the plastic that one industries gives ya in the kit (which is polisport) it has a gloss agent built in the plastic, so they stay shiney even longer.

• motorider66

Posted March 01, 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey thanks guys, I think Iam gonna get the kit from one industries, I love that white and red combination.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426em

Posted March 03, 2008 - 08:13 AM

I have that kit ordered but it isn't supposed to ship until the 11th. I will post pics as soon as i get it. I also have new brackgrounds that should match up great.

• motorider66

Posted March 03, 2008 - 09:26 AM

sweet man, I loved to see the pics of it:thumbsup:

• Stepdaddy

Posted March 03, 2008 - 11:27 AM

White plastics with blue graphics looks great IMO. then again the blue and yellow plastics look great also.

• The Italian Stallion

Posted March 04, 2008 - 06:55 PM

To each his own,At first the white is different and it catches your eye but after a while its pretty boring.The yellow 50th plastic looks way better IMO

• Whyzee429

Posted March 05, 2008 - 09:27 PM

white is easy to clean and doesn't look as abused as blue. IMO

• WB450

Posted March 06, 2008 - 11:13 AM

I clean my bike right after each ride, the plastic looks almost new, no stains.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.