Online OEM parts ordering...

4 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted February 02, 2001 - 06:48 PM

I am looking to order an OEM Yamaha YZ tank and seat for my WR. I have been to HLSM (Ronnies) and like the price. However, I have not been able to find any other sites to compare with.

Which sites do you guys use to order OEM parts?

Thanks for the help,

Rod

• Brad

Posted February 02, 2001 - 07:56 PM

The only place I've seen the yamaha tank cheaper is here:
http://order.powersp...5GR-24110-10-00

However, just about every other part is more expensive on this site.

Brad

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rwhitlock

Posted February 02, 2001 - 08:22 PM

Thanks! You are right, that site does have the cheapest price on the tank, but the seat is more... hummmmmm

Oh well, THANKS!!!

Rod

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 03, 2001 - 02:19 AM

Rod,
A few months back, I posted a websight that was now selling motorcycle seats. I believe the YZ seat was around $85.00, but it was not available at that time. It may now. This company had been exclusive to mountain bikes and has a very good reputation.

Kevin

After searching through the archives, I found it - www.sdgusa.com. These seats ARE complete w/ the base, just like the IMS seat. When last posted, it required a phone call to get the info. It appears their websight has NOT been updated.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 02-04-2001).]

• mcarp

Posted February 03, 2001 - 09:15 PM

The YZ seat foam is hard as a brick. I used the IMS base ($43), guts racing foam ($50), and guts seat cover ($45). I am guessing the cost is roughly the same, but given the comfort of the guts foam, if the YZ seat was $25 I still would have purchased the GUTS setup.

Also, I purchased a slightly used YZ tank for $100. Remember, the YZ folks buy larger tanks for desert/enduro use. Their loss is your gain. Check into that to save some cash.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.