Tranny Fluid Anyone?

6 replies to this topic
  • ridinredneck

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:18 PM

How many people have used tranny fluid in their forks? I did after a fork rebuild. Seems to be working great so far. any suggestions on fork settings for hare scramble racing? i'm gonna give racing a shot this year. woohoo!!!!
99 WR400 with stock forks. rider weight 215 lbs.

• Motocross26

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:21 PM

I've used ATF in my forks for over a year without any problems. ATF can't be beat for the price.

• ridinredneck

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:29 PM

I've used ATF in my forks for over a year without any problems. ATF can't be beat for the price.

much cheaper than fork oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted February 29, 2008 - 11:48 PM

I use it in my WR450 forks and have never had a problem.

• brad the best

Posted March 01, 2008 - 10:46 PM

fork oil isn't that expensive . nothing wrong with atf its just hydraulic oil with some different additives .

• ridinredneck

Posted March 02, 2008 - 01:45 AM

i guess its not really that expensive. but sometimes every dollar counts.lol

• brad the best

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:31 AM

i guess its not really that expensive. but sometimes every dollar counts.lol

well there is a difference between 4$ for a gallon or 15$ for a liter . only thing is you can't really get 7 wt atf . no matter what its better then just leaving in old fork oil .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.