Jason Raines

6 replies to this topic
  • grunkthump

Posted February 29, 2008 - 08:26 AM

Is he really racing a WR?? I would think am-pro yamaha would have enough tricks up their sleeve that it is probably a yz with a button and really NO additional weight....anyone know?? Just curious. THANKS.

• rickallen124

Posted February 29, 2008 - 08:57 AM

It's a YZ with wr decals graphics. The guys at Zip-Ty racing told me that yamaha requires them to run wr graphics even though they are running YZ's. It's marketing plan and simple.

• KAS

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:37 AM

If its got the button, its more than likely it started out a WR.

But, you can bet the thing is in full YZ state of tuning, with YZ suspension.

Kinda like Destry Abbott's "KLX" 450. Sure, it starts out being a KLX, but by the time its built for racing, about the only things that are still original are the chassis & bottom end of the motor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rbn14

Posted February 29, 2008 - 10:50 AM

You guys are funny. Its ok if someone is racing on a yamaha that is NOT a yz. Do you think Chad Reeds yz is anything like yours either? I would have to say, being that Jason Raines is a woods rider it is more of a WR then you think. I have been told that the pro-am guys are using yz forks but I bet internally the engine is darn close to a stock (uncorked) WR. You dont need or want supercross style power offroad conditions were the races are long and the conditions provide poor traction.

• Glenner

Posted February 29, 2008 - 02:15 PM

It is a YZ with a WR transmission, flywheel weight and WR cams which I believe is the ultimate setup. If only I had the money to do that.

• FLYIN400F

Posted February 29, 2008 - 03:37 PM

x2, i saw the dream ride test of Hawkins bike,its got the button, and the wide ratio,beyond that its pure speculation,Like Reeds and Langstons bike, whats inside that you dont see and what they tell you is inside is two different things

• ncmountainman

Posted February 29, 2008 - 04:28 PM

he raced in a team/ironman race i was in january,sure as heck looked like a WR everytime he lapped me!
i did get a close look at it in the staging lanes,it was a WR:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.