Yamaha reply on rod bearing failer

4 replies to this topic
  • dforbes67

Posted February 29, 2008 - 04:13 AM

Well my 07, 9 month old yz450f had a rod bearing go out and cyl plating peeled off, tried to talk to yamaha but said had to go through dealer , went to dealer and dealer said it was dirt injestion .The first two rides i did have dirt past the filter but when i asked the tech guy at dealer about it he said that sometimes the air box dont seal and you have to silacone them up .I took sub frame off and sealed filter box and it never had another leak or dirt get by . Yamaha says it wasnt documented in the first 30 days so its not there problem .refused to help in any way untill i showed my a-- for awhile ,finaly got them to agree to do the crank only . I didnt think it was enough dirt to cause this problem ,they thought otherwise. I guess in hine site I should of took bike to dealer and argued from day one but Oh well.Im ordering a big bore kit today so maybe I will fill better once I get it on and get my crank back in .

• Ga426owner

Posted February 29, 2008 - 06:16 AM

did you ever get to talk to the Yami rep handling this? Or just the dealer? I passed this to my friend at Yami but did not follow up on it....this would be the ideal time to put a bb cylinder on it although....which one are you going with? at least a new crank is in order

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dforbes67

Posted February 29, 2008 - 06:32 AM

yea talked to a bunch of folks at yamaha , got nowhere , actuly called them from the dealer and the dealer also backed my story about filter case but since it wasnt documented ........, sorry no help make your dealer pay since he didnt do paper work , I wasnt going to do that , any how found a 478 big bore at motorsports for 600.00, and crank from yamaha at n/c should be here next week ,mabee a newborn yz480 will make me fill better next week.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted March 05, 2008 - 08:02 PM

did the bike have yamaha'a recall done to your air filter

• grayracer513

Posted March 05, 2008 - 08:21 PM

There was no recall YZF or YZ air filters, only the WR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.