P.C. Thermostrips

6 replies to this topic
  • Dveitch8

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:14 PM

Just bought a set of ProCircuit Thermostrips, does anyone have these and know where to place them to get the most accurate engine temp? I was thinking left radiator, upper backside. Thanks in advance for the info.

• William1

Posted February 29, 2008 - 03:12 AM

Your location will be fine. Just put it where you can reasonable see it from the seat.

You will never get a super accurate temp measurement rather a warning when it is getting too hot. Use the sticker for a relative measurement.

• Dveitch8

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:55 PM

Well I tried these out on a 3 hour trail ride about 1 hour of fire road and 2 hours of single track. 1-2 gear most of the time, riding pretty hard and these things never even showed any temp. Change. They start at 149f and there not even registering at that temp. Checked the radiator fluid and its still topped up , the radiators always seem to be cool enough to touch even after a long ride. So whats the deal? Do I have some weird bike that never gets warm, faulty thermostrips, or am I just not riding hard enough?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted March 03, 2008 - 03:10 AM

You were moving fast enough to have the airflow take away the heat, I have one bike that wile moving, rarely goes over 110 degrees. Hit the tight technical stuff and the temp will soar over 210!

• USED YZ426F

Posted March 03, 2008 - 05:39 AM

My 426 never gets that hot when riding on the MX track. However, once I take it in the woods and have to start working harder at the lower actual speed, I can feel the heat coming off the radiators. When that happens, I look for an open area that I can get the speed up to help cool things down.

• Dveitch8

Posted March 03, 2008 - 08:48 AM

good to know its not just me, however the single track was pretty tight, Black diamond! And we were in 1st almost the whole way going maybe 5-10 mph the whole time with a few open spots. As long as its staying cool that's what matters. Thinks for the input.

• William1

Posted March 03, 2008 - 11:53 AM

5 to 10 mph has plenty of air movement. All sounds about right, go ride and do not worry. :smirk:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.