Just picked up my Web Cam

4 replies to this topic
  • dldavis_66

Posted February 28, 2008 - 06:01 PM

Lift: 370/350; Duration: 280/280 degrees; Duration @ 0.050: 256/256 degrees.

Can someone clue me in as to the 2 different durations?? I got an idea, but I'm not sure.

:smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted February 28, 2008 - 06:56 PM

The difference between intake and exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dldavis_66

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:35 PM

No. Both sets of Durations cover both intake and exhaust xx/xx= intake/exhaust.

What I don't seem to understand is why there are 2 different Duration specs: Duration and Duration @0.050.

Here's the link. The profile I got was the second from the top #450/451:

http://webcamshafts....7)_sohc_4v.html

• HeadTrauma

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:52 PM

The 280° spec is the "advertised" duration while the 256° spec is the duration measured from .050" after the valve opens to .050" before it closes. They have both because the higher advertised duration sells more cams to the uninformed(and technically it's not lying), but no real appreciable airflow starts until the valve is .050" off the seat. That's why the duration @ .050" is the spec that matters most.

• dldavis_66

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:04 PM

The 280° spec is the "advertised" duration while the 256° spec is the duration measured from .050" after the valve opens to .050" before it closes. They have both because the higher advertised duration sells more cams to the uninformed(and technically it's not lying), but no real appreciable airflow starts until the valve is .050" off the seat. That's why the duration @ .050" is the spec that matters most.

Ah hah.

Pretty close to what I thought it was....I think. I remember something like that from my high school Auto shop.

Thanks HT:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.