quick killswitch question

6 replies to this topic
  • strych9

Posted February 28, 2008 - 03:25 PM

Im thinking of putting a remote killswitch(toggleswitch) in my bike, instead of a key. would that drain the battery if it was on? kinda like if i held the killswitch down.

• William1

Posted February 28, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Put the switch on the same wires as the power cable coming off of the battery, when it is off, no power can flow to the on button.

• strych9

Posted February 28, 2008 - 04:15 PM

i was thinking of doing that. but, if someone just pressed the on button and kicked it over, wouldnt the stator supply the power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Your concern was having the switch in the 'on' position, killing the battery. If ll you are concerned about is preventing the engine from being started, no matter the position of the 'on' button, then you want your switch wired in parallel with the kill switch. When the toggle is 'on', it is the same as holding the kill switch button.

• Island Boy

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:05 AM

I installed a hidden toggle switch behind the left number plate of my 07, just forward of the coolant reservoir and pointing downward. I can't recall which wire i cut but it worked out great. If you turn on the bike, the odometer will light up, it will turnover but not start and kickstart will not start either unless the toggle in in the "on" position. I will have a look over the weekend and let you know which wire i cut. I will also post a few pics.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:17 AM

You can see where i added the **key switch, with the key removed, the bike wont start.

Posted Image

• strych9

Posted February 29, 2008 - 12:58 PM

just what i needed thanks for the replies guys.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.