aussie 00 wr400 jetting advice.

3 replies to this topic
  • Thermos O flask

Posted April 21, 2002 - 09:52 PM

please could you give me some help with this.
i have 00 wr400 yz timed,yoshi,white header,white power filter.mobil 1 oil,ekn#3,100paj,45pj,170mj.
pj 2 turns,I put in the ekn and 100pj last weekend
it never had a bog or ran rich before,now if i snap the throttle it gives a little burp and then
takes off like a stabbed rat!great wheelies too.
should i drop the needle to #2 or do the b.k. mod,
or mixture screw adjustment. i ride at about 3000-
4000ft at 20-30c near sydney.thank you everyone for all the other topics.

• Taffy

Posted April 21, 2002 - 10:02 PM

try turning the PS right in to 1 or 1.5 turns from closed.

of course you should do the BK mod. tish1 tish!

you should have a 162 MJ in. the needle may need to be lifted once you have done this (that's right-lifted).

finally you should have a leaner pilot circuit. try 50PAJ and 35 PJ with a 38 PJ as back up.

your the first person ever to ask so i'm sure this info will be a major suprise to many-not!

try and read old threads. there's a lot of this already there.

Taffy :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thermos O flask

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:15 PM

THANKS taffy..THE EKN/100PAJ ETC CAME TO ME IN A
DREAM(NOT)OF COURSE I READ THE TREADS,(andrew in aus feb7 2001)this is why i tried these settings.
are yours because of the temp/height that i ride
at? be gentle with me "O SCORNFUL ONE"
MARKY

• Taffy

Posted April 22, 2002 - 10:33 PM

go down to jetting Qs, this is a thread of 200. it's been done after aussie andy was around. 1.5 years is a long time in jetting!!!

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.