Oil in the Stator Cover

33 replies to this topic
  • TTinkerbelllll

Posted February 29, 2008 - 03:18 PM

I support the idea of trying to help however if you are unable to answer the question in any way, shape or form.........is it considered help??????

• martinfan30

Posted February 29, 2008 - 03:30 PM

I support the idea of trying to help however if you are unable to answer the question in any way, shape or form.........is it considered help??????

Some people have different ways of trying to help. If he wasnt trying to help, he would not have post at all.

Something is better than nothing, so lets continue FORWARD please.

• chakaxr650l

Posted February 29, 2008 - 04:17 PM

Once you have the cover off. You will need to remove the stator, which normally requires a puller. Not sure what else is in the way. Have only done this on my CR. Once everything is out of the way you should be able to drill a small hole into the seal. Do NOT drill into the bearing. Screw a coarse screw in just enough to bite and pull the seal out. Grease up the new one and pound it in evenly. Replace all the stuff you took out.

Download the manual so you know the torque values and sequence of removal. I say do it yourself, but if you are not mechanically inclined do not blame me for anything broken.

• Denn10

Posted February 29, 2008 - 04:34 PM

yeah pretty much gotta tear into it LOL not sure what your asking but you gotta take the stuff in the way out and replace that seal. Have i done one on your bike NO but its a basic thing. Gotta get to the seal thats about it.

So exactly how much oil are you leaking just a little bit right? I would recommend this, clean everything up really good and check your oil level and get it right at the full and go for a ride, not just a 5 minute put around the block. When you get back take the cover off and see how much oil is out so you can evaluate if its time to do it right now or not.

yeah pretty much gotta tear into it LOL not sure what your asking but you gotta take the stuff in the way out and replace that seal. Have i done one on your bike NO but its a basic thing.

Great instructions. I'm sure he'll be able to fix anything with your help Denn.:ride:

4 posts on TT and all they are is worthless talk about someone thats giving help!!! 4 post and your talking trash??? for gods sake you JUST JOINED TODAY!! and this is your intro to TT......LMAO good one!!!:)

Where's your helping?? Thats what i thought!!! take your noob non helping :smirk: and go back and crawl under whatever rock you just joined from!!!! :ride:

read where i said "im not exactly sure what your asking?" and right after that i gave him my suggestion of seeing exactly how bad it is. TINKERBALL if you dont have anything nice to say in your FIRST DAY in TT then just be gone cuz your about worthless if thats all your gonna contribute!!!!!

4 POSTS AND THERE ALL BAD MOUTHING! WHAT A JOKE!!!!

• TTinkerbelllll

Posted February 29, 2008 - 11:56 PM

I sense a little hostility. This was not my intent. I have been regularly viewing TT for over 3 years - as a guest. This is not a forum where emotions should play into things like a highschool. This is a forum where people come to get great info about something they are passionate about - whether it be an R or an L (and please no more debates over that). I have got a lot of useful info from this site but I call it as I see it.
The funny thing is that I am seen as an idiot and an amateur - or sorry noob who knows nothing - all based on the fact that I have only 4 posts. Where I live and ride those things don't matter. When you are 90 miles from nowhere and something happens that you - and you need a fix to get home - the number of posts you've tallied makes no difference - does it?????
I know there are many who agree.

• blueblueshorts

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:14 AM

Thank you tinkerbell. My buddies and I have been watching on the sidelines as guests like you and have been thinking the same things. We hate weeding through useless posts. Often we need our bikes running for the next day of riding and time is limited. Riding first - posts second!!!!!!

• xr650rxr650r

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'm another noob as Denn calls it who agrees with blueblueshorts. Keep it useful!!!! And lets not let it get too dramatic. I have a 16 year old daughter who does enough of that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650rxr650r

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:25 AM

Thanks chakaxr650l for the useful info.

• chakaxr650l

Posted March 01, 2008 - 05:04 AM

You have to remember there are way too many people out there looking for people to do the grunt work for them and then don't contribute anything useful. They don't use the search function and fill the forums with useless babble that has been posted hundreds of times.

Either way back to the topic: Before you change it. Have you determined how much oil is seeping? Also is your oil overfilled?

• martinfan30

Posted March 01, 2008 - 08:25 AM

Ok, guys. Thanks for the well thought out and stated posts.:smirk:

Now can we get back to the topic at hand ALL?

Thanks.

• Denn10

Posted March 01, 2008 - 09:48 PM

So exactly how much oil are you leaking just a little bit right? I would recommend this, clean everything up really good and check your oil level and get it right at the full and go for a ride, not just a 5 minute put around the block. When you get back take the cover off and see how much oil is out so you can evaluate if its time to do it right now or not.

You have to remember there are way too many people out there looking for people to do the grunt work for them and then don't contribute anything useful. They don't use the search function and fill the forums with useless babble that has been posted hundreds of times.

Either way back to the topic: Before you change it. Have you determined how much oil is seeping? Also is your oil overfilled?

THATS why i recomended doing that BEFORE you just decide to tear it down and thats WHY i didnt go into any details about how to replace the seal as any good mechanic should know the first thing you do when troubleshooting (ie any problem) is verify the fault or problem! thats why you need to see EXACTLY how much oil it is leaking. You all are reading into alot more and letting your first reaction so a few words that were said and let that get you thinking someone is not trying to help and posting wasteful information.

3000 post or 4 it doesnt matter you shouldnt be coming into a thread to banter someones reply if you yourself have nothing to help out with except that, and im sorry SPECIALLY on your first day joined with TT! Sorry if you dont like that but its just that. and yes you did recognize hostility in my text pretty much what you did was about useless and only stirring the pot, WHICH i will tell you from first hand will get you banned for say UMM 30 days TRUST me i know!! Dont read into text so much and read it all before you reply from one sentence.

TY and i hope the info posted helps you with figuring out if you need to change your seal or not.

• TTinkerbelllll

Posted March 02, 2008 - 10:53 AM

All I want (and apparently others) is to keep the information relavent and useful. Simple as that. Reread your original post. If you think it was helpful and useful - than I apologize.

Isn't this getting close to a personal attack??

• blueblueshorts

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:11 AM

Can we not move on Denn. You wrote a post that was vague and not helpful. Deal with it. We have all seen you do it before. It's very easy to fix the problem. You don't have to try to be an expert and respond to every post.

I'm sure it's not over yet though...........:smirk: :)

• martinfan30

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Ive asked ALL of you to kindly move on... Thanks for not doing so.

I am sick of this back and forth NOTHING. Warnings have been handed out, so now its over.

We all must remember we were all "noobs" at one point.

Thanks,

Rich.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.