yz/wr usd forks/triple clamps for xr650l?

5 replies to this topic
  • iride

Posted February 27, 2008 - 05:09 PM

i did a search, and was researching the usd conversion and think i ran across someone that had used forks off of a yz or wr yamaha. i have tried to find that post again, but have had no luck. i've got a small window of opportunity to pick up forks and triple clamps from an '01 yz 125, but i'm not about to do anything unless i'm confident the parts will work.
if anybody can offer any info i'd appreciate it. otherwise, there are lots more forks out there looking for a motorcycle.

• Denn10

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:32 PM

dont recall any with YZ forks, mostly honda forks. But maybe someone else will MARTIN??? anyone BUELLER BUELLER????

how much for the forks?

• Rockjockey

Posted February 28, 2008 - 12:34 PM

I think any brand of forks could be used, I would try to get the brake and wheel as well simply because the Honda parts might not line up properly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmhrc630

Posted February 28, 2008 - 02:02 PM

stick with the best - Honda

• Denn10

Posted February 28, 2008 - 02:05 PM

I think any brand of forks could be used, I would try to get the brake and wheel as well simply because the Honda parts might not line up properly.

definitely you could use any brand but getting a set of triple clamps to mount to bike and be for same diamater forks is the problem.

• Rockjockey

Posted February 28, 2008 - 02:22 PM

Reading his post he was looking at forks with triples included. The steering stem would need to be shimmed with a bushing, or machined (if the Yamaha stem was used) to fit the XRL bearings and upper mounting hardware. I've done it both by machining the CRF stem to fit the XR bearings and hardware and by using the Emig stem in the CR clamps. I would agree the Honda parts are better.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.