White Brothers exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted February 27, 2008 - 03:33 PM

Im looking at getting a new muffler for my 04 yz450f. There are great deals on white brothers now that they are out of business. Which is better the E2 or the MX-4? Also will the part for the 07 fit the 08 that I have?

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:38 PM

Im looking at getting a new muffler for my 04 yz450f. There are great deals on white brothers now that they are out of business. Which is better the E2 or the MX-4? Also will the part for the 07 fit the 08 that I have?

Ok, i have an e series for my 01 426. It produced nice power over stock, but there were drawbacks. First, it is super loud but you can put more disks on to stop that. Second, after about the first year its installed you will notice that it stains your fender black becaause it exhales e-gasses at it. Third, the megaphone design is kinda ugly in my opinion. So, I dont know much about the mx4 other than it looks very clean. But, If I had to buy a new exhaust, it would be a Dr.d. I have heard raving reviews from all tters in the YZF forums and they are fairly priced. Good luck
-Cam

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:47 PM

I agree with the drd, but I just paid for the bike and brand new at 200 bucks I was just looking at saving some money you know.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:47 PM

I just checked up on Dr.d prices on motosport.com and they have a stainless steel full system for $500. It has a spark arrestor and it looks sick.

EDIT: Nevermind this post. The cheapest way to go is WB, not sure what they have for the 08 though

• todds924

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:57 PM

White bros pipes are still being produced.....By Vance and Hines. The 06-08 pipes all interchange.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted February 27, 2008 - 06:46 PM

White bros pipes are still being produced.....By Vance and Hines. The 06-08 pipes all interchange.

Serious, I will have to call them tomorrow. I have a credit with them from some pipes for my Harley that were made wrong.

• yamaha racing 230

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:52 PM

Ok, i have an e series for my 01 426. It produced nice power over stock, but there were drawbacks. First, it is super loud but you can put more disks on to stop that. Second, after about the first year its installed you will notice that it stains your fender black becaause it exhales e-gasses at it. Third, the megaphone design is kinda ugly in my opinion. So, I dont know much about the mx4 other than it looks very clean. But, If I had to buy a new exhaust, it would be a Dr.d. I have heard raving reviews from all tters in the YZF forums and they are fairly priced. Good luck
-Cam

actually more disks = more noise and more top end power, less disks= less noise and more bottom end power, :smirk:

• cassawary

Posted February 28, 2008 - 01:26 AM

just to let you know, I have a White Bros Aluminium Pro on my 08 YZ450F and it is sik...highly recommended. It really opened up the bottom end!!

• Ga426owner

Posted February 28, 2008 - 12:46 PM

man you just missed a clearence sale on 03-05 YZF450 WB Alum Pro pipes with header for 350.00
I would try Dave at MRD to see what he has close to that price point - I am hearing good things from his customers
I luv my WB pipes...however

• 06_450 Rider

Posted February 28, 2008 - 09:46 PM

Ive had an E2 on my 06 and its been awesome so far.. ive had it for a few months and will prolly upgrade to a fulll system.. the E2 is for sale if your interested.. in awesome shape.. pm me if your interested

• the1_roadrunner

Posted February 29, 2008 - 08:06 AM

just to let you know, I have a White Bros Aluminium Pro on my 08 YZ450F and it is sik...highly recommended. It really opened up the bottom end!!

Ditto! :smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.