SoCal Pig owners - Down for a ride this weekend?

39 replies to this topic
  • BeeDub

Posted February 28, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Drinking over riding? Man, that's night right.............

It's a German kids baptism party, c'mon! Isn't that the sort of deal where we all dance around arm in arm in our liederhosen and throw beer mugs into the fire or something like that? I think it qualifies...:smirk:

• dldavis_66

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:10 PM

Details, details gimme details.

Where are we all gonna meet and how the heck do I get there?

How about when? Saturday morning? Friday night?

C'mon already.

Details.

Details.

DETAILS!!!!

Please:ride:

• HeadTrauma

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hmm, I was actually thinking about driving down to Brentwood to get some E85 so I start experimenting on my 600. That, or drive to Tulare. :smirk: ..........maybe a ride would be more fun....I'll have to think about that.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:06 PM

It's a German kids baptism party, c'mon! Isn't that the sort of deal where we all dance around arm in arm in our liederhosen and throw beer mugs into the fire or something like that? I think it qualifies...:smirk:

Ahhh, family! That's required drinking then.

• Denn10

Posted February 28, 2008 - 09:19 PM

Details, details gimme details.

Where are we all gonna meet and how the heck do I get there?

How about when? Saturday morning? Friday night?

C'mon already.

Details.

Details.

DETAILS!!!!

Please:ride:

OK lets come up with an area i say either Newcombs Ranch or Big Bear what seems best for everyone? I dont care really. Saturday seems best i think. Lets make it happen by 3pm friday so everyone can know whats going on.

• Sipes77

Posted February 28, 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm "down" for Sat. - either location.

• dldavis_66

Posted February 28, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Big Bear? Could we perhaps bring it down a few thousand feet? I don't have my stock jets anymore.

Saturday morning sounds good to me. Got too much to do Friday evening.

• Denn10

Posted February 29, 2008 - 06:49 AM

davis what city you in? I ride up there and it doesnt affect it that bad and i have a 160 main, ride from my house up the hills and its fine.

• Sipes77

Posted February 29, 2008 - 02:20 PM

Alright Denn10, where's the where and when's the when? Looking forward to a "L" of a ride!

• dldavis_66

Posted February 29, 2008 - 03:51 PM

davis what city you in? I ride up there and it doesnt affect it that bad and i have a 160 main, ride from my house up the hills and its fine.

I'm in Riverside Denn.

Hmmm. I have a 165 main and the needle is on the 4th groove, richer than the default 3rd groove DynoJet settings.

Well...what the "L". Let's do this L of a ride thing. Sounds fun.

When and where are we gonna meet? I can't do it tonite though, would have to be tomorrow morning.

Looking foward to meet all that might come.

:) :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 29, 2008 - 04:42 PM

lemme get back with you in a little bit, i think tomorrow morning would be ok, maybe we can meet around 15 and 138 junction since your down the hill and me and SIPES are up here pretty close???? Ride from there up and around big bear area and when done we can go each way home? about the best i think cuz i doubt you wanna ride all the way to hesperia and we dont wanna ride all the way down the 18.

• Denn10

Posted February 29, 2008 - 07:18 PM

lets do it in the morning davis, sipes??? david ill give you my number and call me when you get it

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 02, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Well dammit!

Rub my nose in it and tell me how much fun I missed out on. :)

Where'd ya guys go? The weather was kinda gloomy and cold in the IE that day, how was it in the mountains/desert? :smirk:

• dldavis_66

Posted March 02, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Well dammit!

Rub my nose in it and tell me how much fun I missed out on. :)

Where'd ya guys go? The weather was kinda gloomy and cold in the IE that day, how was it in the mountains/desert? :smirk:

We went up to Big Bear.

The weather in the lower parts of the valley was Spooky. Foggy. Water was beading up on my goggles so quick I had a really hard time seeing the road. As we got up higher, the fog died down and the weather turned out really nice.

Denn took us up up a dirt road that I had some problems with. Still had on my stock tires. The back tire was kinda worn and I was getting very little grip. Front kept on wanting to wash. Was debating about putting on a new set of IRC Trial tires the night before: I would have been able to keep up a lot better.

Big Bear was beeeeeautiful. Wasn't too cold, lots of snow.

Denn, Nathan...thanks for the ride:thumbsup: I enjoyed the hell out of myself. In spite of that lame-0:censored: in the pick-up riding my ass, and that little spill I took, before we went our separate ways, it turned out really great.

• martinfan30

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:13 AM

Thats cool, glad you guys had a good ride!
Good weather and all I hope!

Man, cant wait for the April get together!

• Denn10

Posted March 02, 2008 - 12:25 PM

fog was all packed in the Cajon pass so once we left our meeting spot, 138 and 15, it was only about 4/5 miles till we got up a bit and out of the fog. Loved some of the tight quick turns we got into coming back that davis missed. Felt like i was on the SuMo track LOL. about 160 miles for me and sipes and prolly about the same for davis to and from riverside. I got the area down better now LOL ill be able to get up and around again without having to stop 5 times for directions LOL only about my 5th time riding up there. Next time i say we hit up Wrightwood area and maybe hillbilly SPLOOGE will get out of bed to come along?? I doubt it though!

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 02, 2008 - 02:36 PM

Denn took us up up a dirt road that I had some problems with.

Yeah, I've heard that Denn has a penchant for going up dirt roads. :ride:

I wish I coulda gone with you guys, even though it would have been uncomfortable riding in a chastity belt (damn Denn).

More than anything, I wish my XR was plated. :)

Just one more month 'til the camp-out, though. :smirk:

• Sipes77

Posted March 02, 2008 - 06:10 PM

I had a great time on that ride! The fog, and drizzle was a bit hairy on those twisties at the start. A small water crossing:thumbsup: Lots of beautimus scenery! Thanks DENN and DLDAVIS for taking a minute to stop on that side errand I had to do. Too bad for my wife the store was closed, maybe I'll have to take another ride up to BB this week!

• Denn10

Posted March 02, 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, I've heard that Denn has a penchant for going up dirt roads. :ride:

I wish I coulda gone with you guys, even though it would have been uncomfortable riding in a chastity belt (damn Denn).

dont worry brother your time will come to ride shotgun with me if a few weeks !! :) :smirk:

• dldavis_66

Posted March 03, 2008 - 07:26 PM

This morning it dawned on me why I had so much trouble with the fog that morning on the ride. My goggles are shaded.:ride: I totally forgot. :smirk: :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.