ACTUAL '05 YZ450 weight, please help

4 replies to this topic
  • torrmentor

Posted February 27, 2008 - 12:55 PM

I am trying to find out if anyone knows the ACTUAL YZ 450 weight for a 2005 (with or without gas/oil/coolant). The manual states 220lbs, but I suspect it is 5-8lbs over that assuming the manual is conservative to make the bike look good.
I can't assume though, as I need to be accurate to figure out my weight for transport. Can anyone please help???

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2008 - 01:11 PM

The manual states dry weight, and it means dry; no gas, no coolant, no oil.

If you need accurate weight, I'd suggest you simply weigh it. Set one wheel at a time on an ordinary bathroom scale and add the two weights for the total. If you are a real stickler, block the wheel that isn't being weighed up on a stack of boards so that it's at the same height as the scale platform.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • torrmentor

Posted February 27, 2008 - 01:28 PM

Thanks,Gray
If you feel that the manual is accurate, I can estimate that the fluids add about 12lbs +/- and go off of a weight of 232-235lbs for my needs. Sound reasonable?

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2008 - 02:04 PM

It should be an accurate estimate of the weight with an empty tank, yes. Maybe a little lighter, but close.

• ncmountainman

Posted February 27, 2008 - 06:39 PM

stock before adding any aftermarket stuff my 05 yz450 weighed 235 wet w/out gas. that was measured on a doctors double beam scale with the skidplate propped on a 5 gal bucket which set on the scale(the bucket was zeroed out of course):smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.