Baja 500 setups i need pics

5 replies to this topic
  • zod0143

Posted February 27, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone have a pic of what the WR or an associated Yammy in Baja battle dress looks like. Mine is set up for East Coast style woods and I may have an oppotunity to go to the 500 this year and ride for a team that is racing on Yamaha for B5. Thanks as always ZOD:busted:

• bhiggins25

Posted February 27, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Not quite 'battle dress' but darn close...

Posted Image

Acerbis 3.4 gallon tank, Scotts stabilizer, front/rear fender packs, handguards, new tires w/ HD tubes.

Lacking the GPS mount (I carry mine in my pack or vest), HID lights, and tracker / rally logger.

Perhaps ask in the Baja forum as well. Those guys are a wealth of information, as long as you mind your p's and q's.

Ben

• redswr

Posted February 27, 2008 - 10:24 PM

heres a pretty sweet Dakar bike...
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=575371

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zod0143

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:42 AM

Bhiggins that was perfect Thanks you so much!!!I have rode the XR in the baja but there is a good chance I will ride the WR this year. Thanks again that helps me picture it better.

• blackdog9

Posted March 01, 2008 - 03:43 PM

Here`s my set-up... most of it home-built. Good enough for 100 mile before refueling.
Posted Image

• djrevz

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:50 AM

were did you get the fuel tank its a fantastic idea

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.