CRF Front Fender on a 650R

20 replies to this topic
  • jdubb75

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:35 AM

I am thinking about putting a CRF 250/450 front fender on my R to smooth out the droopy front end.

1.) Has anyone done this on a 650R and what did it take to bolt up?
2.) Are the factory reds the same color on an 07 650R and the CRF's?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I'm mostly concerned about the color. If I get a fender I can make it work but I just didn't want a different color red fender.

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:54 AM

If the R's front is as droopy as the L's, do an xr400.

Really cleaned up the look on mine. Color is the same.

I a rear crf fender and the color is brighter than XR red.

• jdubb75

Posted February 27, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Thanks! I might have to check into the 400R fender. I just didn't want my fender flappin in the wind as I come past. :smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 08:16 AM

Thanks! I might have to check into the 400R fender. I just didn't want my fender flappin in the wind as I come past. :)

Yeah, I'd hat to look back and see your droopy fender flappin' around!:smirk:

• jdubb75

Posted February 27, 2008 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, I'd hat to look back and see your droopy fender flappin' around!:smirk:

Good stuff.:)

You know...I haven't been around here for long, but there's a great group of people here. It's crazy how one thread can almost re-define the whole 600/650 forum.

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Good stuff.:ride:

You know...I haven't been around here for long, but there's a great group of people here. It's crazy how one thread can almost re-define the whole 600/650 forum.

I was just talking to Jetfuel about that last night!:smirk:

It really does feel different now in here, in a good way!:)

Rich.

• lilbro

Posted February 27, 2008 - 11:14 AM

I cut about three inches off the front of mine.

• Blownaway

Posted February 27, 2008 - 12:41 PM

Just carve on yours. The price is right.

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 12:50 PM

The Xr400 front was 20 bucks if I remember right. Accerbis.

• knuklehead

Posted February 27, 2008 - 02:42 PM

The crf ft fender hits the forks,the shape to fit around upside down forks dose not work with the xr forks,but it bolts right up to the holes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 27, 2008 - 03:12 PM

Good stuff.:ride:

I was just talking to Jetfuel about that last night!:smirk:

It really does feel different now in here, in a good way!:)

Rich.

HUH this forum sucks and noone has a clue what there talkin about !!! IM OUTTA HERE for the Yami 2T forums!!!

• jdubb75

Posted February 27, 2008 - 05:26 PM

HUH this forum sucks and noone has a clue what there talkin about !!! IM OUTTA HERE for the Yami 2T forums!!!

Troller! :smirk:

• resurrection

Posted February 27, 2008 - 06:15 PM

I cut about three inches off the front of mine.

Wish I could give up 3 inches

• steed2

Posted February 27, 2008 - 08:03 PM

I put a 2006 crf front fender on my 04 650r and it looks awesome.
its easy to do the bolt holes are the same and all i did was take to pieces of wood that were a 1/4 inch thicker than how much the lower fork legs are ( inner to outer leg difference) jammed it in between the upper leg and thefender and then used a heat gun underneath the fender and heated the inner corners till the change color or close to it and let it sit ....works great and it looks better than any xr fender.

• Lofus

Posted February 28, 2008 - 12:38 AM

I used an xr100 fender on mine.Looks good to me......

• Leget

Posted February 28, 2008 - 03:58 AM

I thought the CRF fenders would hit the header?
I guess you could just trim that up if it does.....

Let's see some photos of these fancy CRF fenders on a 650 (please).

• jdubb75

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:26 AM

I thought the CRF fenders would hit the header?
I guess you could just trim that up if it does.....

Let's see some photos of these fancy CRF fenders on a 650 (please).

+1 on the pics...please.

I let a new oem CRF front fender go on eBay last night because I didn't think it would work/look nice. It went for $9.99. Now I'm thinking I should have grabbed it up...:smirk:

• steed2

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:19 PM

well you asked for them here they are ...let me know what you think of the bike and the color match.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats my little girl ....my whole world:worthy:

• steed2

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:23 PM

ohh by the way remember you do have to modify how wide the fender is by the forks ....just keep that in mind but its worth the extra work..and get a 2006 they have a nice shape ..2002 looks like the 650 original ..not sure when they changed it but i picked up that one for 34 dollars brand new canadian.

• jdubb75

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:44 PM

well you asked for them here they are ...let me know what you think of the bike and the color match.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats my little girl ....my whole world:worthy:

:smirk: Looks good man. Really like the shape and from the pics I can't really see the difference in the color.

BTW Your daughter is going to be one hardcore rider if she's starting out on a pig at that age. She's a natural.:) She's already got that BRP grin.:ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.