06 WR450 Versus a 1998 WR400

2 replies to this topic
  • sonic1

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hi all

I have a WR400 1998 and love it as it goes like hell!!

Would a 2006 WR450 be any better apart from Electric start of course.

I know were there is one for sale at a good price and apart from it being newer i was wondering if there is any reason i should change.

My mate and riding buddy has a 2005 CRF450 Honda and apart from it feeling lighter when riding it, in a straight line there nothing in it,although his is a little quicker off the line but he has got racing cams fitted.

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BAHeron

Posted February 27, 2008 - 01:05 AM

There is a different feel, the seat goes further forward, and it seems lighter (it may not be). The E-start is nice as well

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 28, 2008 - 03:01 PM

Good Lord, yes there's a difference. There's huge difference between an '04 and my '99. Rode them both back to back and I was shocked how much lighter the '04 felt and how responsive the motor was compared to mine. I've always thought MY bike ran like a scalded ape. Handling was incrementally better, too. An '06 would be just that much better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.