Brakes wont bleed!

4 replies to this topic
  • ivesy

Posted February 26, 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hi there, I went for a ride in the weekend and found that my front brake would work at first, then after a while I had nothing. The lever felt very strange, it would return slowly once pulled in.
Now I'm trying to bleed them but when i pull the lever in once, its taking minutes for the master cylinder to "prime".
Anyone know whats going on? I had the handle bars hanging of the bike for a few weeks previously.

Cheers

• gottogomoto

Posted February 26, 2008 - 03:28 PM

Did you check you lines? there might be damage to it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ivesy

Posted February 26, 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yeah they appear to be fine, I disconnected the line and its still really slow to return so I've ordered another master cylinder kit as cleaning the old one didn't help.

• zookrider98

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Check the master cylinder first, make sure you did not lose fluid and suck the rubber bootie in when pulling on the lever, also check the return spring on the inside of the lever, may be pinched/broken. 2nd i would take the caliper apart and inspect and clean.

• ben_suhard

Posted February 26, 2008 - 08:08 PM

You could have an air pocket in the master cylinder. I had this happen once on a KLX. I unbolted the hose from the master cylinder, filled the master cylinder with fluid and made sure the line was full too, then bolted the hose back on, then bled the brakes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.