SDG seat 07 450?

15 replies to this topic
  • CROCKY99

Posted February 26, 2008 - 12:02 PM

Just picked up a 07 limited edition 450 (white) love it so far except for the stock seat.I want to go with a SDG seat but not sure if I want the low or tall one ,anybody have a tall seat on there bike and how do you like it ,anyone got any pictures of a tall or low seat on the yam 450,thanks

• Ga426owner

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:49 PM

yea I have it and I recommend the tall seat - for everyone. The stock seat is way too camel low for me. Handling is better also with the tall seat as you can more easily get your weight fore or aft on the bike

here is a pic
Posted Image

• nickeenoo

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:08 PM

If you decide to let your old seat go, let me know.

Thanks,

Nate

• TMAC25

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:29 PM

SDG poor quality, I have one hate it.

• MX4Life

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:23 PM

I just got a SDG tall seat for my 07 YZ450 and it will not fit! :smirk: I cannot get the center tab to fit under the frame crossover above the airbox. I had a SDG seat on my 05 CRF450 and had to drill out the mounting tabs to make it fit.:) I work at a dealer and the distributor is sending a 2nd seat. If this one fits I will be very surprised.:ride:

• wolfie12

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:45 PM

If you decide to let your old seat go, let me know.

Thanks,

Nate

I'll sell you a brand new take off seat from my 08 for 75 bucks if you're interested.

yea I have it and I recommend the tall seat - for everyone. The stock seat is way too camel low for me. Handling is better also with the tall seat as you can more easily get your weight fore or aft on the bike

here is a pic
Posted Image

Thanks for the pic. I just ordered the tall for my 08.

• dbehr624

Posted February 26, 2008 - 08:32 PM

I love mine!!! Posted Image

• DuckTape

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:24 AM

I’ve had the original SDG seat before and the tall seat. Loved them both. All of them had a wrinkle or two but not really noticeable after they break in. BUT I just bought and returned the step seat for my new 450. The cover had a ton of wrinkles & it didn’t touch the foam from the seat to the top of the step. Really disappointed and not sure if that’s just how it is or I got a really bad one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted February 27, 2008 - 05:01 PM

[quote name='MX4Life']I just got a SDG tall seat for my 07 YZ450 and it will not fit! :smirk: I cannot get the center tab to fit under the frame crossover above the airbox. I had a SDG seat on my 05 CRF450 and had to drill out the mounting tabs to make it fit.:) I work at a dealer and the distributor is sending a 2nd seat. If this one fits I will be very surprised.:ride:[/QUOTE It will mine did the same thing when new.It is a pain in the ass.You have to bend the seat up with force and slide up at the same time and it helps and have a buddy press down at the same time.Once it is clipped in it will break in after a day of rideing and will get easier with more saddle time.Don't file the centre tab! [I know your thinking about it]

• MX4Life

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:57 PM

I did have a buddy push down with his knee as I tried to slide the seat on. Once I did manage to get the front tabs under, but the rear mounts were way off.:smirk: Hopefully the 2nd seat will fit.

• rexbond007

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:32 PM

i got a standard seat. and yes it was a bitch but got it to work fit,

a little wrinkled but used a hair dryer to shrink away the wrinkles!

• GONE1445

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:58 PM

is the foam on a tall seat just as stiff? I was thinking of getting one so my seat would be flatter so its easier to get forward in the turns and what not but I figured with a tall seat I would just squish the foam more ??

• Ga426owner

Posted February 28, 2008 - 06:24 AM

no problem with fit on mine - it was hard the first time to get the clamp to attach to the tank but once on - it breaks in and fits like a glove. :smirk:

• cardoc

Posted February 28, 2008 - 03:21 PM

If you are over 5'10" or so, the tall seat will change your world. I put on the SDG complete tall. The fit wasn't any worse than of the other aftermarket crap I am always fighting with. I like the way it looks, the seat foam is just firm enough to keep you up in the saddle and hasn't broken down too bad over a year of riding. It's not nearly as good as the Enduro Engineering seats for the KTMs but it does a nice job.

• DeeCee

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:46 PM

I just fitted a standard SDG seat to my 400 without any real problems. It slotted into position OK and the bolt holes were in good alignment.

• MX4Life

Posted March 05, 2008 - 05:57 PM

UPDATE: Today the 2nd SDG tall seat come in at my dealership. The rep from Tucker/Rocky was there when we tried to install it on a showroom YZ450F. WOULD NOT fit, so he's going to call SDG and try to get me a seat that fits. He has a SDG seat on his personal YZ250F, he had to order two to get one that fit.:thumbsup: Are there any other companies making complete tall seats?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.