OEM and aftermarket 650L parts

6 replies to this topic
  • Wild Turkey

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering where you all buy your OEM and aftermarket 650L parts. I bought some chain sliders and other oem parts from SHS powersports yesterday because they had the best prices I could find but I got raped pretty bad on shipping. So where do you guys buy from? :smirk:

• cleonard

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:13 AM

It depends on what I'm buying. When I spend over $100 on Honda parts I usually go with Service Honda. Best prices that I know of. Not fast and expensive shipping. If I'm getting a lower cost part I usually go with Bike Bandit. they are only about 150 miles away from me so when they get it in I usually have it the next day. The downside is 20% or more higher cost.

The TT store is closer to Service Honda pricing, but you have to pay $10 for the privilege of ordering there. That and you need to get the Honda part numbers somewhere else.

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:38 AM

I've been very pleased with TT's store.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cornelieaz

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:52 AM

I've been very pleased with TT's store.

You may find cheap prices elsewhere, but good luck getting ahold of any humans if something goes wrong. It's a gamble. I just ordered a CDI from hondaparts-direct for real cheap, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well seeing as how they don't respond to phone calls or emails.

On the contrary, I bought a clarke tank from the ThumperTalk store, and the guy on the phone not only had me fixed up for dirt cheap in maybe 5 min, but he saved me some dough on shipping too. Good guys. Recommended for sure.

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:00 AM

My last experience with TT's store was great. I tried to order a 46 tooth sprocket for my L. He called me after the purchase and let me know the part is only for the R. He fixed it all up and I got my stuff in 2 bus. days.:smirk:

• jonr3

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:39 PM

I've had great luck with the TT store. Usually save some $$$ on shipping and everyone I've talked to seems to know what they're talking about.:smirk:
My Scott's steering damper and RockGardn flak jacket were also cheaper through TT than the companies' web stores.:)

• ghrati ghoti

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Great customer service from the TT store for sure.

ronayers.com aslo has OEM parts for all makes, good prices, slow though.

both have fair prives, lots in stock, free shipping over $100.00. Dennis Kirk also includes a return ups shipping label if there is any problem with the order.

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.