Apology

28 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted February 26, 2008 - 03:44 AM

My sincere apology to anyone who I may have offended with the other thread. Please understand it was meant only for entertainment. Truth be known, I have the highest regard for the "R" and their owners and I mean that!

• BBA

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:00 AM

What?? Apology? Apology for what? Your joking and now your going to rag on us "R" boys for falling for this trick right?? I hope this is a joke Bibleman and you & Martinfan30 are having fun with us? When I first came to TT and started hanging out here in the Xr forums I soon realized that most of the guys here had the same outlook on riding and motorcycles as I do. You dont take it too serious and poking a little fun and teasing at one another seems to pass the time in good fun and always brings out a smile on my face while reading all this alot about nothing! Whoever was the complainer about the little L vs R topic all I have to say is shame on you for taking something fun and silly and making it into something political. Maybe if people would worry about things that need to be looked at like Global warming and our wacked out country right now instead of something like this we could accomplish more as Americans!! Or maybe the shortman syndrome comment offended someone because it was true and they cant handle the fact they have to squat to pee? Lite'n up people and relax once in a while!! GeeeZ! Sorry for ranting but I've never seen Bibleman personally insult anyone on here and the thread was started as a joke and if you cant take a damn joke then wonder over to other websites were they will be more than glad to bitch about nothing with you! Cheers Bibleman, you feel free to insult me anytime because its all in good fun!:smirk:

• jonr3

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:19 AM

+1 !!!

That was the most entertaining thread I have seen in a long time! I couldn't stand the 45 minute commute to get home and see the next comments. I think everyone (well, apparently almost everyone) took it for what it was: good, clean razzing!

Bibleman, I'm going to give you some gas just for starting one of the best threads and keeping me laughing for a couple of days.

As for the complainers who can't take a joke, :smirk: :)

• Bibleman

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:32 AM

At three bucks a gallon I'll take as much gas as I can get!:smirk: :)

• pwrpapa

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:37 AM

My sincere apology to anyone who I may have offended with the other thread. Please understand it was meant only for entertainment. Truth be known, I have the highest regard for the "R" and their owners and I mean that!

You're a good man an don't need an apology. You help make this forum a better place, we need more people like you here.
It was a good thread.:smirk:

• scalejockey

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:54 AM

OFF WITH EZZ HEAD MATES !!

no really... thanks,it was a classic!

• ghrati ghoti

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:02 AM

Wow, you really DO ride a L.:smirk:

• jdubb75

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:14 AM

You know, that's one of the things that was cool about that thread. Just a bunch of Honda brothers dishing out a little ribbing to each other. I could understand if someone from here started something in the orange, yellow, blue or green forums, but this was just a little fun amongst Honda riders. It's too bad some people have no sense of humor and get their feelings hurt. I guess there will always be a couple in the crowd that spoil the fun for the majority...it's the American way.

:smirk: on the "other" thread...I enjoyed it.

• BWB63

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:53 AM

This is the internet, you read with whatever attitude you have at the time. It you want to be offended you will, and you will find whatever it takes to get offended. Some come just to troll, offend, be offended......It is so silly that their have to be PC police for something that is not real. How can you control what or how someone thinks?

• needsprayer

Posted February 26, 2008 - 06:58 AM

R riders are like Chuck Norris, they never apologize because no one can make them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sploogemonkey

Posted February 26, 2008 - 07:02 AM

I must have missed something..........

Unless there were personal attacks, doesn't seem an apology is owed to anyone.

Okay, who's the Hillary voter around here?

Out him, so we can publicly stone him in the whiners pit of perpetual shame.

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:04 AM

I much regret having to lock that thread, but when noobs come in not knowing whats going on... Reported posts notify ALL mods. Then it starts getting much attention.

SO, before reporting ANY post, or giving bad fuel points... Take some time to try and figure it out before rushing to judgement on something where 99.99% of all involved are having fun poking at each other.

Rich.

• Old Graybeard

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Bibleman: Don't want to give ya a big head but I LOVED THIS THREAD TOO! VERY ENTERTAINING. OGB

• cornelieaz

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:45 AM

Bibleman, I got a thread locked myself actually but now having been around for a bit, I can understand exactly what Martinfan30's talkin about. With that thread, I was attempting to have some rousing and entertaining back and forth myself, but there is that minority...in a public place in this society, day, and age, gotta be friendly to the offended few.

I give ya props for the fireworks, and for the superhero username.:smirk:

• lilbro

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:46 AM

I am having fun reading and posting on the other thread. No need to apologize.

• Denn10

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:35 PM

DONT BOW DOWN TO THEM WORTHLESS R GUYS!!!!! Stick together like peanut + butter baby!!!

• Maroast

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:44 PM

Bibleman, dude, no need for apology....Majority of the regular members around here are (pretty) mature individuals who are insightful and very helpful....a little banter can be a good thing...it was all in good taste and humor... there was no maliciousness there.

• hill5150

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:44 PM

Shut this thread down already,already waste of bandwidth.........

• Kenzo

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:03 PM

u know wut they say about people that can't take a joke...

:smirk: 'um

...there may also be a bit of a generation gap in play here...i don't think the "oldskool" dudes have as much to prove.

:)

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 03:25 PM

You know what is funny about all this?

The actual "Report Of Trolling" ended up being more of a trolling event than anything else....

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.