YZ 400 Bog

2 replies to this topic
  • crashhard_17

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:23 PM

I have the wierdest bog and its really starting to frustrate me. whenever i hit a bump or go off a jump my bike bogs and tries to die. For example yesterday i went riding and decided to launch off the top of this hillclimb and my bike bogged midair and when i hit the ground the bike was already dead and well i racked myself because of the sudden loss of momentum. I know this isnt normal or safe. what do you guys think i should do? the guys at the bike shop have mixed feelings...one guy told me the quick shot would help out but the other guy said that the quickshot wouldnt work and i should change my jetting. I dont want to spend the money on the quickshot if that isnt going to solve this problem. does anyone else have this problem and what did you do to fix it? thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:29 PM

Sounds like a float level issue.

• codster

Posted February 29, 2008 - 07:43 PM

hi mate just a thought but have you checked that you vent on the fuel cap is clear and the filter in the fuel tap is clean
let me no how you get on
lee

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.