sand riding

22 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2008 - 10:01 AM

There are a number of options. Google "whip mount" .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HONDA NO MORE

Posted February 28, 2008 - 04:18 PM

Idahoballer, that sounds like a good plan, I know it will still be a few months, but post what you find is the perfect setup for Choke, cause I have a friend on a CRF450 who usually beats me by about 1 bike length, and I would love to smoke him.

I have always wanted to build a 450 bike motor because like you say they are already pretty quick in the sand in stock form. I know that the Curtis Sparks canister is the thing to have on the yfz's I wish they made a setup for the bikes.

:smirk: :) I have rode a wheelie 90% of the way up Choke on a modified 500, they are the funiest setup there is for the dunes, Bring on the warm weather.

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:22 PM

Idahoballer, that sounds like a good plan, I know it will still be a few months, but post what you find is the perfect setup for Choke, cause I have a friend on a CRF450 who usually beats me by about 1 bike length, and I would love to smoke him.

I have always wanted to build a 450 bike motor because like you say they are already pretty quick in the sand in stock form. I know that the Curtis Sparks canister is the thing to have on the yfz's I wish they made a setup for the bikes.

:smirk: :) I have rode a wheelie 90% of the way up Choke on a modified 500, they are the funiest setup there is for the dunes, Bring on the warm weather.

I have a custom designed inframe drag pipe on my YFZ made to work with my specific intake and cam setup and itll put a woopin on a sparks pipe with my parts combo.

I will definately post what I find with my bike when I get it out there. I have been really thinkin about running one of the tubliss setups on my paddle wheel so that it will be lighter than running a tube and I can run way lower air pressures if need be without risking any bead slippage on the rim.

We should meet up and ride sometime together out there...

As for the whip mount I am going to buy an HRF whip mount on my 450 and my cousin is going to run one on his 06 yz250 smoker as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.