getting interesting

5 replies to this topic
  • F2504X4PS

Posted February 25, 2008 - 11:02 AM

My local stealership is really a pathetic place (parts dept), I keep interupting them spending money.... LOL, I could go on and on....
my question is, I pulled my battery out about a month ago and picked up a new one today, I made a terrible mistake by not opening the new battery box and comparing the posts to my old battery and while I'm installing the + - cables there does not seem to be any way to position the cables to the posts that will work....

does anyone know if a Deka ETX9 is the correct battery for my 1998 XR650L?

I called the VERY young man back at the parts counter and he said yea dude, like that man that outta fit up in der.......:) :smirk:

any info would be great! thanks.

• pwrpapa

Posted February 25, 2008 - 01:17 PM

Ytx9-bs here ya go dude, I looked her up for ya. LOL

• F2504X4PS

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:24 PM

thanks, thats more than my parts "dude" could do...

thanks again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pwrpapa

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:38 PM

thanks, thats more than my parts "dude" could do...

thanks again

He was off on the first letter. I would find a new stealership to buy your parts from.
My son owns a Honda dealership..PLUG for my son..LOL

• Thumpmeister

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:01 PM

Try to find a parts supplier that might deal salvage parts, like a bike wrecking yard, because usually they also carry common items like a battery at half or less then half the cost of the stealer.

One thing that really annoys me about the stealers, is that so many of the parts guys act like they are god, and that they know all, when its usually just the opposite.

If the parts guys are all knowledgeable, they wouldn't have to ask me for the year of my bike when I tell them I have an XR 650 R....

• pwrpapa

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:41 AM

I agree on that Thumpmeister.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.