Xr650L Battery under the seat

175 replies to this topic
  • rockdog200

Posted November 15, 2008 - 04:07 AM

Where did you get the round little filters?

• Kenzo

Posted November 15, 2008 - 05:56 AM

Well after reading what cornelieaz had to say about batteries I went and bought a generic DRZ battery and a battery tender for about half of what that Yuasa was going to cost.
I had Friday off so I did this, thanks guys for the pics and all of the ideas.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

nice job...:thumbsup:

BTW BikeBandit.com has the Acerbis 600R side panels for $42.75...best price i wus able to find.

:moon:

P.S. RockDog those little filters r the Uni Filtered Vents...cyclegear and most other shops carry them.

• Rascal560

Posted November 15, 2008 - 08:54 AM

Well after reading what cornelieaz had to say about batteries I went and bought a generic DRZ battery and a battery tender for about half of what that Yuasa was going to cost.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That looks awesome...clean! :thumbsup:

Good job :moon:

• martinfan30

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Wow, that is the cleanest install I have yet to see!:thumbsup:

• Kenzo

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:12 AM

Wow, that is the cleanest install I have yet to see!:thumbsup:

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :ride:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :moon:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :ride: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

• Rascal560

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:20 AM

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :lol:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :moon:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :ride: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

The good thing about those little uni vent/filter thingy's is that they help to keep water out of the airbox. :thumbsup:

When you go through a deep water crossing, and the water is splashing around the airbox, you need something more then an open screen which will allow unrestricted access for the water to enter the airbox. :p

:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:27 AM

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :ride:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :thumbsup:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :moon: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

AWWWW, Kenny poo... Your's is still #1 in my book.

• Kenzo

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:27 AM

The good thing about those little uni vent/filter thingy's is that they help to keep water out of the airbox. :thumbsup:

When you go through a deep water crossing, and the water is splashing around the airbox, you need something more then an open screen which will allow unrestricted access for the water to enter the airbox. :ride:

u r correct...i have two boxes of them (Uni FilterVents) with only six installed...because my fire breathing pig wus getting pissed and suck'n the foam filters out of them with ten installed! :p

i kid u not! :ride:

• Norge

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:33 AM

AWWWW, Kenny poo... Your's is still #1 in my book.

:thumbsup: :ride: :moon: :ride: LMAO, Denn 2 say's Kenny poo is #1 also.

• Rascal560

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:40 AM

So,what you guys are saying is that Kenny is the shit? :thumbsup:

The #1 shit? :ride: :moon:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Norge

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:52 AM

So,what you guys are saying is that Kenny is the shit? :thumbsup:

The #1 shit? :ride: :moon:

Denn 2 practices political correctness, but yes..you are correct sir.

• Kenzo

Posted November 15, 2008 - 02:19 PM

just so u girlz get it correct...:moon:

...i is da "BIG SHIT"! :moon:

...aka "Shiznitz Grande" :thumbsup:

...and don't u forget it! :ride:

• Gassyphil

Posted November 16, 2008 - 07:11 AM

:thumbsup: :moon: :moon: :ride:

• lentuk

Posted November 17, 2008 - 05:25 PM

Revisions, Kenzo said,
"...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether"
So I fixed that. And I did not like the zip ties on the fuse box so I bought some 3/4 inch wire clips and mounted the fuse box with those!
Posted Image
Posted Image

• rdsrf

Posted November 20, 2008 - 08:57 AM

The stock battery just died on my piggy. So I figured, why not do the battery relocation like some of the guys on this site have done?

Picked up a DRZ spec battery made by Bikemaster. One problem though....The battery terminals on the DRZ batt are much smaller than the stocker and the larger battery cables won't fit.

What have you guys done? Modify the stock cables? Buy new new ones or DRZ cables (hate to ask what OEM cables cost from Suzuki)?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

• lentuk

Posted November 20, 2008 - 09:07 AM

My DRZ battery was a different brand than yours but it bolted right up, I don't remember the brand name right now but it was made in Taiwan.

• rdsrf

Posted November 20, 2008 - 07:51 PM

So I take it the terminals were about the same size as the stock battery? Can't tell for sure from the pics, but they look about the same to me.

• Research Rat

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:18 PM

What's a good source for drz batteries?

A did a quick ebay search and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...p4506.m20.l1116

Any recommendations on battery make, model, source?

Thanks.
-Scott

• cornelieaz

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:51 PM

Sheesh Lentuk, that job is so clean and pro you make me feel like not such a huge, obsessive perfectionist after all. :bonk:

• lentuk

Posted November 27, 2008 - 04:49 AM

Sheesh Lentuk, that job is so clean and pro you make me feel like not such a huge, obsessive perfectionist after all. :bonk:

I just copied all the other guys and added stuff that looked necessary for my application. The 06 I did this to only has 700 miles on it, so that maybe makes it look a little cleaner.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.