Xr650L Battery under the seat

my relocation project shud be done tonight or tomorrow, time allowing...

from Rascal's pics the CRF battery is definately narrower...

i'm still trying to decide on how to vent the airbox...on the number plate vents how did u install/attach a filter screen? i haven't gotten around to searching that one. ?

...and i'm wondering if right side vents will just end up sucking in hot air from the exhaust? ?

?

...crap! did the CRF battery relocation mod with some air openings around the battery/old shorkle location plus six additional 1" holes with the UniFilter pre-filters installed and as soon as i wacked the throttle it coughed & sputtered ? got back to the house and it had sucked the filters out of the prefilters...? ...i guess it wants more air! ?

i think i got it fixed for the ride tomorrow...i'll have sum pics as soon as i get it right!

...but she's looking alot slimmer:thumbsup:

?

I had the same problem at first.

Piggy has large lungs.

no chit! i just got back from a ride...six 1" holes with Uni "prefilters" installed plus four 1" holes on the right side of the airbox and it still wants more!!! :bonk: but i'm very close...

it's got me pretty curious on what kinda power i'm make'n ?

i also need to check how the battery & filter fared...i'm gett'n braver on taking jumps...?

i need a cold shower & a nap ?

?

no chit! i just got back from a ride...six 1" holes with Uni "prefilters" installed plus four 1" holes on the right side of the airbox and it still wants more!!! ? but i'm very close...

it's got me pretty curious on what kinda power i'm make'n ?

i also need to check how the battery & filter fared...i'm gett'n braver on taking jumps...?

i need a cold shower & a nap ?

:bonk:

Kenzo, where are those pics you promised us??:bonk:

Here is one fabricated for my XR400 ObamaMod

171722091.jpg

Is that stock!? HAHAHA! :bonk: :bonk: It sure looks like it! ?

Where the Hell have you been Norge? ? The only reason I started talking on Thumper Talk is because of YOU! ? These bikes sure like AIR! ?

Here is one fabricated for my XR400 ObamaMod

"ObamaMod" ?!?

...hot air generator?!? ?

...the screen looks gud, for my application i wud probably add some oiled foam behind the screen...i see too many water crossings and need to prevent an easy path for water to flow into the airbox...

pics coming as soon as i get the bugs worked out but it's not unlike the previously posted pics...

?

"ObamaMod" ?!?

...hot air generator?!? ?

...the screen looks gud, for my application i wud probably add some oiled foam behind the screen...i see too many water crossings and need to prevent an easy path for water to flow into the airbox...

pics coming as soon as i get the bugs worked out but it's not unlike the previously posted pics...

?

Thats the nicest thing I've been called...?

Thats the nicest thing I've been called...?

Doh! i thought it wus calling it the "ObamaMod" for Obama Modification NOT Obama Moderator...but hey if the shoe fits ?

i better keep my head down...all kinda chit has been flying over it lately ?

?

Doh! i thought it wus calling it the "ObamaMod" for Obama Modification NOT Obama Moderator...but hey if the shoe fits :bonk:

i better keep my head down...all kinda chit has been flying over it lately :bonk:

?

I still want to see the pics of your battery relocation ?

Even if it is an "ObamaMod" ?

great to see you guys pushing things along on this forum

sorry I havent been much use lately - life and girls taking over...

nice to see you still working the forum Rich - you've been a great source of enthusiam

Keep it going fellas

great to see you guys pushing things along on this forum

sorry I havent been much use lately - life and girls taking over...

nice to see you still working the forum Rich - you've been a great source of enthusiam

Keep it going fellas

Sounds like you have your hands full with the good life!?

Thanks brother.?

Kenzo, where are those pics you promised us?:rant:?

well here it is... a CRF450X battery relocated under the seat...just copied wut the other boyz did...

ended up with 11 - 1" holes between the side cover and right side of the air box to get piggy to breath correctly, currently have the Uni PreFilters in the holes...i cud have done a better job planning their locations but it worked out ok...:D

DSC01636.jpg

...the side shot...there is an aluminium strap helping to maintain the battery's location that u can't see but i don't think it's neccessary...

DSC01638.jpg

...the wiring under the seat with room to spare...u can barely see two of the PreFilters above the +terminal just outside the upper frame...

DSC01639.jpg

...shot of the vented XR600R sidecover w/PreFilters installed...:ride:

DSC01645.jpg

...and the money shot...look ma no saddlebag! ?

the bike looks soooo much better...it really cleaned things up!??

i'm gunna put it on the scales a see wut it weighs...but piggy is about a trim as it's going to get!

:mad:

...just got done weighing the bike...*drumroll*...

...333lbs with ~3 gallons of fuel & loaded tool bag...with gas at ~7lbs/gallon it puts the bike at a true weight less fuel of 315lbs ?

What kind of rear fended are you using?

it's the stock fender with all the crap removed...rear footpegs, turnsignal mounts, stock turn signals replaced w/Buell style signals, stock tail light/license plate holder removed/replaced, rear fender sub-frame and the battery box & frame...all gone :ride:?

gotta ride...

:rant: