XR650L Carb Questions

1 reply to this topic
  • jwebb85

Posted February 25, 2008 - 07:20 AM

I have a 2001 650l and Currently have a Big Gun Evo full exhaust battery in air box, de-smogged. I want to put a pod filter on it but the guy at the bike shop says with the stock carb it will run like hell and never be able to dial it in. He said go with a fcr. My question is will this be a good carb for my setup with a pod filter. I only ride the streets, no dirt. If so, what size 41, 42 mm?? Help me out riding season is around the corner......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 25, 2008 - 07:53 AM

I have a 2001 650l and Currently have a Big Gun Evo full exhaust battery in air box, de-smogged. I want to put a pod filter on it but the guy at the bike shop says with the stock carb it will run like hell and never be able to dial it in. He said go with a fcr. My question is will this be a good carb for my setup with a pod filter. I only ride the streets, no dirt. If so, what size 41, 42 mm?? Help me out riding season is around the corner......

I have an 05 XR650L with a non-mx(no choke) FCR 41. The guy was right about the pod on the stock carb. I had a 1/3 throttle bog/hesitation I could not jet out with the pod. I run a pod due to the battery relo. to the airbox.

I would recomend try to get a mx FCR with a choke. I have no problems starting mine with out a choke, I just set the pilot circuit a bit rich.

I am now going to get a crf450x battery to put under the seat so I can regain the use of the airbox.

Overall, the fcr 41 with a pod filter is a great street combo.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.