Dealer invoice price?

34 replies to this topic
  • bnyfe

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:52 PM

Personally I could care less what you think. I did pay 5349.41 plus tax and california license. I am at work right now so I couldn't tell you the exact breakdown of what tax and ca license was but it was not any more than the standard 7.75% sales tax and the DMV license fees. I am in sales this is what I do for a living. There are numerous way that the dealer could have profited. There is a rebate going on right now and of course I did not get that the dealer kept that. So think what you will it does not make a difference to me.

It seems as though I may have offended you which was not my intention. It's just that I would be willing to buy ten or more of these tomorrow at the price you apparently got. I would have to say Yamaha is hard up for cash to sell these for this price as in the 23 years of being in the motorcycle industry (plus owning my own dealership in the 90's) I have never seen a case where there was almost $2000 difference in the MSRP and the actual amount the dealer paid on a current year model. Perhaps the state of our economy is worse than I thought and Yamaha is feeling the affects. Sorry if I offended you. I will have to email some contacts on this and find out more. I saw dealer invoice in November when I bought mine. I know how volume discounts, hold-back, and rebates work. Again, I have never seen this great a disparity. New times and a sign of things to come perhaps?

• iowamarinedad

Posted February 28, 2008 - 06:27 PM

I just bought an 08 YZ 450F - White model for 5775.00 and the dealer said he still made money but not much ????

• bnyfe

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:05 PM

I just bought an 08 YZ 450F - White model for 5775.00 and the dealer said he still made money but not much ????

6150.00 - 500.00 Rebate = 5650.00

• Edge316

Posted February 28, 2008 - 11:00 PM

I could have bought a 08 yz450 for 5949.00 from hollywood yamaha and that price includes all fees. So bnyfe if your ready to buy ten or more call hollywood yamaha and ask for jack.Heres the number 323-962-5522.One last thing tell jack you saw his ad with that price on ebay awhile back and see if he will still match it.About a month ago when I talked to him he was still willing to match that price..........

• adamdf

Posted February 29, 2008 - 11:06 AM

An 08 YZ450 for 5300? Holy CRAP!! I want one! Whos the dealer? True i have an 08 450 SXF right now but i can justify selling that for a $5300 YZF then spend the extra money on revalving the suspension and getting rid of the stock exhaust too! Ok ok maybe i wont do any of this, but whos the dealer, i'm willing to call them.

• mike_dean

Posted February 29, 2008 - 12:03 PM

I just called Neilsens in Lake Villa, Ill, and they told me $5600, but I think the rebate ends today. Mike

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted February 29, 2008 - 12:15 PM

If you are going to be paying cash you can get about the same deal that I did at L.A Yamaha, Yamaha of Cucamonga I beleive, Hollywood Yamaha and a few others. Call around and if you have cash money in your hand they will always go to the lowest price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ridered22

Posted February 29, 2008 - 02:09 PM

Beleive it or not I bought a new 08 for 5133 and since I was in state I had to pay sales tax but if you were out of state you could have gotten one for 5133 otd. The dealer is S&S Powersports in KY and had 8 bikes more than he was supposed to get and was about to have to pay on his floor plan and sold 8 08 yz450f for 5133 otd. I know there are a couple others who also got one after I posted that it was for real and others called the dealer because they didnt beleive me and they were shocked. So if you still don't beleive just call and ask them final price. So yeah some of us did get bikes that cheap.

• rickallen124

Posted March 01, 2008 - 11:44 AM

You guys are lucky, but once again it pays to wait a little while for the big cash back programs etc. I also think that the mags raging on the Yamaha hurt sales along with the weak economy. Just like car dealers they have to sell them and there comes a time to take less to make them move.

• RFBComp

Posted March 01, 2008 - 12:17 PM

http://www.cyclebuy....maha Dirt Bikes

go here for 15 dollars they will give you the breakdown.

• bnyfe

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:44 PM

I could have bought a 08 yz450 for 5949.00 from hollywood yamaha and that price includes all fees. So bnyfe if your ready to buy ten or more call hollywood yamaha and ask for jack.Heres the number 323-962-5522.One last thing tell jack you saw his ad with that price on ebay awhile back and see if he will still match it.About a month ago when I talked to him he was still willing to match that price..........

While I appreciate all of your effort on this you did not read the whole discussion thread.

I never said I would buy any at 5949. That's too close to what I paid. I said I would buy 10 at 5200.

Unfortunately, I could not buy those ten today anyway for two additional reasons:

#1 - I live in NY and shipping would not be practical from California or Kentucky or anywhere out west.

#2 - I started working today on importing 1000 Spyder Ski/Snowboard jacket and pants sets for a liquidation event next August in Albany NY.

These prices are awesome and I apologize to anyone I doubted who paid around 5200.

Tell you guys one thing: I will never buy another Yamaha again until I see this depth of discounting. That's the way I will do business with them. I bought my YZ450F in November and I can't help but feel like I got taken advantage of. Oh well, good for Yamaha.

• Edge316

Posted March 01, 2008 - 10:43 PM

Yes, I did read the discussion bnyfe,If you would have read more clearly you would have noticed that I said I could have bought a 08 for 5949 with all fees included.That works out to about 5400.00 without fees.Also that was before they had the current rebate.I could probably buy one for around 4900-5000.00 without fees now give or take........

• RJB

Posted March 02, 2008 - 03:03 AM

Well guys, count yourselves lucky - no matter what you paid. Round here, my new 08 cost me $9,320! Would love to have gotten one (or two) for around $5,000!

• rexbond007

Posted March 02, 2008 - 08:15 AM

you guys think you got ripped off, canadains are the ones getting ripped

yz 450's are $8500. might be able to work a dealer down to $8,000 and wave pdi and frieght. but after taxes. OTD $9100. Even now after our dollar is now par with yours we still have to pay.

• bnyfe

Posted March 02, 2008 - 01:26 PM

Yes, I did read the discussion bnyfe,If you would have read more clearly you would have noticed that I said I could have bought a 08 for 5949 with all fees included.That works out to about 5400.00 without fees.Also that was before they had the current rebate.I could probably buy one for around 4900-5000.00 without fees now give or take........

That's an incredible bargain. I will definitely never buy from Yamaha again until I see this level of discount. Thanks for the information.

:smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.