rectifier wiring?

3 replies to this topic
  • SWD6

Posted October 28, 2002 - 01:44 PM

Canadian dollar value is low so I bought my own regulator-rectifier for my 99 wr 400. Only one yellow wire from the lighting coil is out, the black goes into cdi unit. Has anyone installed one without a "kit"? don't want to blow it up

• SWD6

Posted October 28, 2002 - 05:24 PM

Can anybody email me a baja designs wiring diagram for a 99 WR400? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vtfootball79

Posted October 31, 2002 - 05:10 PM

I would say you should just hook it up, just do what you think is right, follow the color coded wires is all. it's not rocket science, lol. j/k. i can't really say without seeing one, if you want to send me a pic, i coould probably figure it out.

• SWD6

Posted October 31, 2002 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the help guys. The lighting coil is grounded at the stator. I phoned Baja Designs and they were great!! Makes me wish I had the money to buy a new kit. I had to mount the regulator-rectifier in the air box and isolate the DC ground wires from the frame. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.