the carb overflow on my yz450f

5 replies to this topic
  • asxasxz

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:46 PM

keeps pumpin out gas when i put gas in it and i allready checked the floats and thay arnt stuck so what could be wrong please help me :smirk:

• ProjectDIRT

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:16 PM

is the little cylinder that the floats control stuck? sometimes it gets clogged up.

• grayracer513

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:45 PM

That would be the needle valve. It has to be able to hold fuel out of the carb with only light pressure. If it gets even a tiny piece of dirt on it, it won't seal. It can also be worn out, or if it was used for a while then sat for a while, it may have dried out and cracked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asxasxz

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:59 AM

can i buy a new needle valve

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Yes you can.

• todds924

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:10 PM

That would be the needle valve. It has to be able to hold fuel out of the carb with only light pressure. If it gets even a tiny piece of dirt on it, it won't seal. It can also be worn out, or if it was used for a while then sat for a while, it may have dried out and cracked.

alot of times if the bike sits for awhile they will get stuck...you might try tapping lightly on the side of the float bowl and see if it stops leaking.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.