Rekluse Z-start Pro On 2006 WR 450F

3 replies to this topic
  • pobenda

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:36 PM

Just a little question for anyone who installed a Rekluse pro on a 06 wr450F. On the 18th step on the installation manual it says to align 3 cutouts on the lower assembly into the clutch hub. My bike doesn't have any tabs on the clutch hub. Is this normal for the WR450F?

• xrmarty

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:42 AM

I can't remember exactly now, but there should be 2 or 3 tabs in the inner clutch hub that will mate (index) with the cut out in the lower assembly. Just play around with it until you get the right fit. The lower assembly should fit flush and should not wiggle or wobble in the inner clutch hub.

I did a step by step on my 200 xc -w. You can check it out. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

http://www.ufoludek....use/rekluse.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pobenda

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:44 PM

I' ve read your post and it's very good but for some reason my bike doesn't have the tabs in the clutch hub. I've done a wr250 and that bike has the tabs but not the wr450.

• xrmarty

Posted February 25, 2008 - 11:08 PM

did you contact Rekluse for more info? They are very helpful.

Why don't you take detailed pictures of your inner hub and lower assembly and post them on this thread. I'd like to see if it'll trigger my memory as to how the two go together.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.