Numbers

9 replies to this topic
  • bhsballer76

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hi, Im Looking to buy some backgrounds with numbers for my 2002 yz426f. I am thinking about doing some racing at a local track around here and was wodering how you go about picking a number? I would really like to have the numbers 7 or 21 but i dont know if i could use these later on. Also do you guys think i should get black backgrounds or white?

heres my bike

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If it helps i want to find graphics along these lines

Posted Image

• thumpyz

Posted February 25, 2008 - 12:24 AM

Depending on where you are riding and what class you are in will dictate your number and background color. Thats how it is out here anyway.

• Stepdaddy

Posted February 25, 2008 - 06:09 AM

bhsballer76

i like the choice's....im a big fan of multiples of 7....i just recently ordered a number kit and went with 014

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2008 - 07:22 AM

It depends on what organization you are racing with. In California, the AMA puts on almost no sportsman MX, so the rules vary quite a lot. People are often allowed to run whatever number they like as long as there are no conflicts, and many choose 3 digit numbers to make such conflicts less likely.

I used to run whatever number I was assigned at the Elsinore GP for the rest of that year. This year, I'm riding the local desert races, so the AMA district assigned me a number.

It just depends. Check with someone who races where you intend to and see what he says.

• bhsballer76

Posted February 25, 2008 - 11:41 AM

ok. thansk for the help. So any suggestions on backgroudn color?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtbiker05

Posted February 25, 2008 - 11:56 AM

personally i like black myself. i just ordered a pair from factory effex myself.

• todds924

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:04 PM

ok. thansk for the help. So any suggestions on backgroudn color?

I like the white backgrounds with black numbers...pre-prints by De-Cal works. Excellent quality and resonably priced.

• buzzgrizz

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:13 PM

I like the white backgrounds with black numbers...pre-prints by De-Cal works. Excellent quality and resonably priced.

+1 for decal works got some for chirstmas for my 426

• felix 222

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:40 PM

black

• srfdwg2

Posted February 26, 2008 - 02:12 PM

nice bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.