Diet for my WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • shogun43

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:12 PM

I have a 2007 WR450. I am looking to take some weight off the bike. Any suggestions on the best Mods for the WRs to shave off wieght?

• tweav

Posted February 24, 2008 - 11:22 PM

that mostly depends on what you want from your bike and what you've already done

you can pull and bunch of stuff off but what do you need
gut the pipe
head light
tail light
overflow tank
battery
starter
drill out half of the seat foam from the bottom also makes seat softer
ditch the computer and sending unit
lose the tupperware guards skid plate disc guard
alloy spocket
non o-ring chain weighs less and less drag
cut up air box
emissions removal
take off the right number plate and cut down the left one.
cut out all extra wires
titanium bolt kit
titanium rear spring

these are a few things you can do , most that I would not. but hey it's your bike:thumbsup: :smirk: more power to ya

• dugabrams

Posted February 25, 2008 - 08:10 AM

You can lose 30lbs. if you trade it for a YZ.

• tweav

Posted February 25, 2008 - 03:22 PM

heck you could loose 230 lbs if you trade for a mountain bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted March 04, 2008 - 12:47 PM

the electronic starting system just about everything else is already aluminum or plastic. other than that aluminum sprockets.

• shogun43

Posted March 05, 2008 - 09:15 AM

Hey Guys

Thanks for the ideas on taking some weight off my machine.

dugabrams: I would love to have a YZ, but I am not a good enough rider yet. I have been out of the game for a few years and thought I should start out on something a bit tamer. Plus most of the riding I tend to do is techical trails and long, steep hill climbs so I need something geared more like a tractor. Eventually I would like to get a YZ for a track bike.

Thanks again everyone.

• Charles De Mar

Posted March 05, 2008 - 09:35 AM

fill your tires with hydrogen:busted:

• dirtysouth

Posted March 05, 2008 - 10:25 AM

Hey Guys

Thanks for the ideas on taking some weight off my machine.

dugabrams: I would love to have a YZ, but I am not a good enough rider yet. I have been out of the game for a few years and thought I should start out on something a bit tamer. Plus most of the riding I tend to do is techical trails and long, steep hill climbs so I need something geared more like a tractor. Eventually I would like to get a YZ for a track bike.

Thanks again everyone.

Get a YZ and install a Rekluse clutch...boom...tractor with giddy up.

• dugabrams

Posted March 05, 2008 - 03:27 PM

Get a YZ and install a Rekluse clutch...boom...tractor with giddy up.

and get the suspension revalved.

I wonder how that bike would ride compared to a WR?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.