Chain size and Sproket size?

3 replies to this topic
  • AMMO22

Posted February 24, 2008 - 11:51 AM

If I want a quick get up and go bike. What size sprokets do I want? And also what size chain (I want to get rid of the stock chain)?

• LeadDoggy

Posted February 24, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Well, if you are wanting a slightly lower gear then you may want to get a rear sprocket that is a coupe of teeth larger. I went down one tooth on the front of my XR600R and lost topend speed. Can only run about 65MPH on the highway. To the best of my knowledge, one tooth in front is equal to about 4 to 5 teeth in rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teezlr

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:07 PM

I want to order a chain and sprockets for my 93' XR600 but don't know what chain to get. Can someone tell me where to find the specs for my bike so I can order front and rear sprockets and a chain? What is cheap but will last? Thanks Jake

• Fleg

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:38 PM

I put all my bikes in my profile on RockyMountain ATV and it tells me what size sprocket, chain, tire size, spark plug, oil filter, etc that I need.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.