Will an 06 seat bolt onto an 08

8 replies to this topic
  • psmith85

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:05 AM

Does anyone know if the seat from a 2006 YZF will bolt onto a 2008 YZF.
I have checked the part numbers online today and the part numbers for the seat base are different, but I realize that does not mean that it will not fit.
thanks

• 2grimjim

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Yes, it will swap.

• William1

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:56 AM

I do know that for a WR, a 06 will not fit a 07 or an 08. I'd be surprised if the steel frame seat fits an alloy one on a YZ too though if it does, the difference in part numbers could be merely from a change in color or material.

• KJ790

Posted February 24, 2008 - 11:16 AM

The 06-08 YZFs are aluminum framed. The seats should be the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 24, 2008 - 11:17 AM

I do know that for a WR, a 06 will not fit a 07 or an 08. I'd be surprised if the steel frame seat fits an alloy one on a YZ too though if it does, the difference in part numbers could be merely from a change in color or material.

The '06 WR has the steel frame from the '03-'05 models. The '06 -'08 models are essentially the same bike with minor refinements, so it's a different situation than trying an '06 WR to '07 WR, which are two different frames/bikes.

Still, while it seems reasonable that the '06 seat would fit an '08, they do have two completely different part numbers, so there may have been a change to the sub frame that would change the way the center hook slips on. I would think it would fit, though.

• William1

Posted February 24, 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hey Gray, I suspected the frame was alloy on a 06 (I have not seen one recently, I have a Alzheimer's riddled brain you know so my memory is worthless). Further it figures the WR would be a year behind at least, on YZ changes. Marketing logic.

• grayracer513

Posted February 24, 2008 - 04:03 PM

...it figures the WR would be a year behind at least, on YZ changes. Marketing logic.

It does seem to be a tradition, but I can't get myself to follow the "logic". Just my opinion.

• William1

Posted February 24, 2008 - 05:34 PM

May be the YZ folks are more willing to "trade up" every year, the WR people not, therefore enabling Yamaha to squeeze another year out of the tooling. Or.... just a way to say "Mine is better than yours" , LOL.

• todds924

Posted February 24, 2008 - 06:28 PM

06-08 YZ seats swap out just fine. I did notice that the 08 seat is quite a bit lighter???????????? My 06 does have an aftermarket cover on it but thats not it.....the foam feels lighter on my 08 seat.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.