Where to Get 2nd Set of Wheels & Model Crossover

9 replies to this topic
  • Shinyboat

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:33 AM

I would like to get a second set of wheels for my XR650R so that I can put street tires on them. I can't afford a new set so I would like used. I would be thrilled to find something less than $400 for a set.

I've been checking ebay and calling around to motorcycle junk yards and haven't found anything. I know that Honda likes to use 1 part for many applications.

Where have you found a second set?
Are you running 650R wheels or did you get another model to work with a bearing change?

• LeadDoggy

Posted February 24, 2008 - 12:14 PM

I went I found a rear wheel for my XR600R on ebay, but took a year or more. Most wheels in ebay were for mid 80s bikes with drum brakes.
Does anyone have a cross reference for wheels? I'm looking for another set also.....

• BackinAction

Posted February 24, 2008 - 04:46 PM

I find myself in the same boat... I need a rear wheel for a '97 XR600R but can't buy a new one right now. I'd like to pick up a used one, but everything I find seems to be from the mid-'80s with the drum, like LeadDoggy said. Anybody else know what is interchangable??

• BackinAction

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Bump.

Really would like some input on this issue if anyone has something to offer.

• LeadDoggy

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:57 AM

We can buzz over to SuperMotoJunkie.com, maybe they would have some input. I have not had time.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lilbro

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:01 AM

I just browsed the classifieds over there and found nothing. I know a few SM people around here and will ask them next time I see them.

• ghrati ghoti

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:28 AM

Seems to be cheaper to buy a whole parts bike than a set of wheels.

• rdjohnson55

Posted February 27, 2008 - 11:26 AM

Good luck!!! You are going up the creek with out a paddle on this one. You don't see alot of guys paying the $1400 for a set of supermoto wheels and then dumping them on Ebay. From your original post you did not mention that you wanted 17 rims?? You will see more for the standard YZ and CRF's out there used.

If you want a second set of 21" Front and 18" for the rear and just put road tires on them I would look at Warp9 you can get a full set cheap and they are a good rims and hubs..

• Motosprtman

Posted February 27, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have a rear wheel from a 93 XR650L - not in real good shape though and needs a spoke replaced. I know what you mean by the lack of wheels and when you can find them they are $$$$ expensive!

• jwebb85

Posted February 27, 2008 - 11:51 AM

I have a set off of my 650l, stock rims in great shape, however they have like new dirt tires on them. Put the dirt tires on your wheels now and buy some street tires for the mine??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.