Hot start spacer

8 replies to this topic
  • bluejuice

Posted February 23, 2008 - 06:25 PM

I put a Baja Designs kit on the 08 WR450. The problem is the Hot Start Lever will not clear the kill switch. Is there anyone selling a spacer and bolt kit to correct this ?
Thanks

• tweav

Posted February 23, 2008 - 07:16 PM

I put a Baja Designs kit on the 08 WR450. The problem is the Hot Start Lever will not clear the kill switch. Is there anyone selling a spacer and bolt kit to correct this ?

Thanks

I just took mine off turned the mount so it faced down then flip the lever over on the bottom so it faced me and work it with my thumb. instead of my first finger. it works great just looks a bit weird.:smirk: :) :ride:

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 23, 2008 - 09:54 PM

I found some spacers at a local hardware store that work fine. If you can't find some just cut some 1/4" copper tube to the right length and add longer screws.

• William1

Posted February 24, 2008 - 03:26 AM

The BD kit should of included spacers to enable correct fitting. Re-check your parts bag or contact BD.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted February 24, 2008 - 05:41 AM

Here's a pic of the way mine was till I just move it to the right side . this works with the stock bracket too , but I only have a pic of it on my homemade mirror mount.

Posted Image

• MaxPower

Posted February 24, 2008 - 07:33 AM

or you can take the left hand screw out of the hot start lever, then just rotate the lever forward (right hand screw is loosened but not removed) so the left screw is not longer in the hole but the head of head of screw now sits just on the rim of the of the back side of the hole.... so in effect your lever is rotated a bit using the right hand screw as the pivot and it clears... its hard to explain in writing but very easy to do and has held up fine for 4 months for me..

[COLOR="Green"]I did this too
Worked out fine

I have been thinking of getting a Dr D hotstart that puts it on the throttle side of the bars[/COLOR]

• Justang

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:36 AM

The BD kit I got came with spacers. Clears everything fine.

• bluejuice

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for all the help, I was able to get it to work by removing the left screw and pivoting it around the right screw. Thank you again!

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 25, 2008 - 05:44 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I did this too
Worked out fine

I have been thinking of getting a Dr D hotstart that puts it on the throttle side of the bars[/COLOR]

I tried the Dr D for awhile but found it's not very convenient to have the hot start and the estart button on the same side. Difficult to push both at the same time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.