Engine problem???

24 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted March 03, 2008 - 07:29 PM

Already done! Ihonestly think it is not a fuel issue! Will have to wait till wednesday till the dealer can have a look at it!!!

Good luck with this man...Hope that you did not mess with the TPS screw...if you fiddled with it then the dealer will go through all that you have then maybe...maybe...narrow down to this. And if you did move it then, according to my service manual, it will lose a little in performance after its readjusted. This is the way I interpret the literature...check your manual and then check your memroy to see if that was an issue.:smirk:

• andymanmoel

Posted March 05, 2008 - 12:15 PM

TPS was not messed with! dealer started looking at it today at 2PM and I have not heard anymore from him!!! I think it is going to be costly! BIG TIME!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • andymanmoel

Posted March 10, 2008 - 11:44 AM

The story so far!
It is not the valves, not the carb and not the stator! I have noticed that the plug coil where it plugs onto the loom has one black prong and one silver prong! Could this cause it to loose its spark? Has anyone else had a problem with this???

• andymanmoel

Posted March 13, 2008 - 01:10 PM

It gets worse! Dealer FINALLY got round to looking at it, stripped the carb and cleaned, still would not run! Checked the shims , all ok still no joy!! Checked the electrical system, no problem found but now it starts and runs ok. I asked him what he found and he told me he had no idea what was wrong! So now I have lost confidence in the thing but also I am being charged £75 for nothing!!!
What on the electrical side could be causing this back fire to happen?

• andymanmoel

Posted April 27, 2008 - 11:22 AM

Found the problem at last!!!! The plug that goes onto the coil pack had burnt the neutral resulting in a weak and erratic spark!!!! I am glad I have found it at last!! Thanks to all who answered the call!!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.