Would this oil cooler work?

7 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted February 23, 2008 - 08:59 AM

Item #300200204540 on ebay. There's a bunch of them. Would they have enough flow and cooling? They say they're for small bikes.

Here you go..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=300200204540

• martinfan30

Posted February 23, 2008 - 09:14 AM

I think you could adapt that to your bike.

• Bibleman

Posted February 23, 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thanks to whoever posted the link:thumbsup: Martinfan, do you think there could be a flow issue, i.e., too much restriction. I would imagine the smaller bikes it was supposedly designed for would have less oil flow. What I do like about it though is it looks pretty much indestructible.

• cleonard

Posted February 23, 2008 - 11:27 AM

I have looked at those before and have wondered the same thing.

The oil pump is a lobe type. These are positive displacement and give a constant flow at a given rpm. The pressure is only limited by leakage inside the pump. If there is no leakage inside the pump the flow is the same at 100 psi as it is at 1 psi. It will make what ever pressure is needed to pump it through.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted February 23, 2008 - 01:44 PM

I wouldn't touch that cooler with a 10ft pole. It is yet another cheap component coming out of China with little to no quality control. Look at how the phillips head screws are damaged in the pictures....that's a brand new part!

I think you would be better off with a more capable stacked plate or finned oil cooler instead of that cheap heat sink type.

• Bibleman

Posted February 23, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Good observation on the CQ issue.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2008 - 02:57 PM

I wouldn't touch that cooler with a 10ft pole. It is yet another cheap component coming out of China with little to no quality control. Look at how the phillips head screws are damaged in the pictures....that's a brand new part!

I think you would be better off with a more capable stacked plate or finned oil cooler instead of that cheap heat sink type.

+1

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, AND WHEN YOU PAY LESS THAN SOMETHING IS SUPPOSEDLY WORTH, YOU PAY EVEN MORE IN REPAIRS

• Itchykawa

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:50 PM

I liked the design, but it DOES look cheezy. I think I would look for something with a little more quality. If that thing let go you would be in bad shape.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.