2002-426 vs. 1999-400 Throttle stop?

4 replies to this topic
  • A.J.

Posted April 19, 2002 - 05:20 PM

My son in law just purchased a 2002 WR426 and wants to shorten the throttle stop. He tells me the carb pictures posted under the technical section on this site, of a '99 WR400, do not look like his new WR426 carb. Are they the same? I have not looked at his bike so I am not familiar with how it looks. Thanks for the help guys! By the way I just bought a 2002 KLX 300R so will be visiting the site often. I have already done several mods I found on here myself and am very satisfied with the results.

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 19, 2002 - 09:33 PM

totally different carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • S_Phillips

Posted April 20, 2002 - 04:52 PM

Ok then anybody got pics for the 2k2 426?

I'm wanting to do this mod as well.

THanks

• A.J.

Posted April 20, 2002 - 05:53 PM

OK we did the throttle stop today and plan to go riding tomorrow to check it out. Now my question is " whats with the grey wire"? I have heard poeple say its all in your head taht oit really doesn't do anything at all. Any comments?

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 20, 2002 - 06:03 PM

grey wire screws w/ ignition timing in order to meet sound (or emission?) tests for U.S. bikes ONLY!! :)

cut it so your bike is as good as all the other WR's in the whole wide world! :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.