XR650R clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • coilcab

Posted February 23, 2008 - 03:15 AM

Hi everyone, My xr650r 2000 model clutch wont disengage at all. Pulled it all apart and found the clutch basket bush seized in there. I know the early models had a problem with these but now I cant get it out of the clutch basket. I tried pressing it out but no luck and dont wont to break the basket. Anyone had similar problem or any advice. Thanks

• scalejockey

Posted February 23, 2008 - 07:52 AM

Oh no,, I think your basket will be dead even if you get it out after being seized that bad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2008 - 03:08 PM

Yeah, the basket is the least of your problems. Not damaging the cases is the main issue now.

Do a search on 'siezed clutch' or 'clutch removal' and see what you come up with.

• coilcab

Posted February 24, 2008 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for the info guys - the bush has only seized into the clutch basket and not on the shaft so it looks like ill have to use more pressure in the press to get it out

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.