big gun exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • one-up

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:21 PM

has anyone tried a big gun exhaust system on their pig yet? i have 2007 L and seriously thinking about putting that on my scooter. if not, is there a kick-azz system ya'll would recommend? so far my bike is stock but i'm slowly adding stuff on. love my little wheelie machine!!!!

• Maroast

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:36 PM

I've never owned a big gun exhaust system, but have seen them in person plenty of times. I though the headers look like crap....but the can does sound pretty cool...nice and thumpy.

I've heard from people who have them that they don't recommend buying sure others will chime in

I've got a full FMF system on my XRR and I'm pleased with the quality for what I paid.... its not the best system out there, but i got my full setup for under $300 new, so I'm not complaining.

*shameless bike plug*
Posted Image

• dylanr

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:41 PM

+1 for the titanium 4. I have heard bad things about the big gun, they are poorly made.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 22, 2008 - 09:56 PM

I also have heard things about big gun. THats just heresay though.

I'm happy with my WB e2 series. If you have extra cash go with XR's only stainless or Staintunes stainless. The latter doesnt have a sparky.

• absynth01

Posted February 23, 2008 - 12:46 AM

Got the Big Gun on the L. It matches well with the motor mods. Performance is top notch, but not noise friendly. It is loud and mine did not come sparked. My Supertrapped 600 does perform well also without the added noise. If you want the extra, look at the Big Gun.
Posted Image

• KAS

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:50 AM

Didn't care for the Big Gun on my XR600R. It was louder, and didn't perform as well as the stock header with a WB E-Series.

Do they still ceramic coat their exhausts? It looked like crap on mine.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.