07 vs. 08

9 replies to this topic
  • intensem1rider

Posted February 22, 2008 - 05:54 PM

I did a search but didn't come up with much. Im getting a new 450F in the next month or 2 when the snow melts here in Canada, but im torn. What kind of riding differences will I notice between the 07 and 08's? 07's are going to be obviously cheaper to find. Is the handling that much better on the 08?

Im a B class MX racer moving up from the 250F class.

• nap__kxf

Posted February 22, 2008 - 06:21 PM

well from what i've read really the best fix on the 07 are 24mm triple clamps and a good front tire and make a sdg tall seat or step seat, and i'd imagine you'd be able to find all that and the 07 for alot cheaper than a new 08. but i love my 07, no complaints here.

• ltrosson

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I have asked the question in regards to the 06 and 08, thanks to all on here for the wisdom, I have opted for the 08, I will pick i up in about two weeks. They say the 08 handles much better.

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 22, 2008 - 09:06 PM

i have no problem turning my 07. and all i have is about 30 hours of seat time, evo tank foam, and a good front tire. the key to the 07 is seat time and body position. what alot of people have a hard time doing is turing the bike with the rear wheel. get in the turn late. and then power over and it will turn on a dime. and make sure you are up on the tank.(step seat helps).

• ProjectDIRT

Posted February 22, 2008 - 11:12 PM

yea i got an 06 and almost bought an 08 just to see but spent like 1600 on the 06 and now its a whole new all game the 22.5 clamps. make a night and day diff but i never really complained about the turning. turn alittle late and hump the tank.lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • intensem1rider

Posted February 23, 2008 - 07:03 AM

So with the money saved by getting an 07, I can basically make it an 08 buy buying new tripple clamps? I did already plan on getting the suspension done by Enzo, and I guess i'll save money on the exhaust since it isn't as choked up as the 08. First thing I was planning to do before starting the bike was getting rid of the front tire, I know they ruin the bike, and the chain would be changed to a o-ring model.

• ProjectDIRT

Posted February 23, 2008 - 09:29 AM

yea. i wont get another one till the efi or a plastic change happens. i love my 06. a nice 201 in the front and youll be happy.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted February 23, 2008 - 10:10 AM

So with the money saved by getting an 07, I can basically make it an 08 buy buying new tripple clamps? I did already plan on getting the suspension done by Enzo, and I guess i'll save money on the exhaust since it isn't as choked up as the 08. First thing I was planning to do before starting the bike was getting rid of the front tire, I know they ruin the bike, and the chain would be changed to a o-ring model.

You don't even have to buy new triple clamps. All you have to do is set your sag at 100mm and raise the forks up in the clamps 5mm from flush (with the fork cap). The D739 front tire that came with mine works well on my local track, which has a little bit of everything, but is mostly intermediate/loam (especially after the rototiller has been over it :smirk: ) with a hard under base. My 07 turns just fine, and is quite stable as well.

• intensem1rider

Posted February 23, 2008 - 01:25 PM

This is good to hear, i'll have more money to spend on things to make the bike fit me better such as bars and pegs , and of course new protection for my body.

Thanks!

• ProjectDIRT

Posted February 23, 2008 - 10:04 PM

get an 06, set sag, new tire, raise the forks, hump tank, pass honda in corner, never look back, pipe it up i love my factory 4.1 titanium with a pro circuit header, and some bars and youll be happy.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.