600R shock swap?

3 replies to this topic
  • Ferd

Posted February 22, 2008 - 12:09 PM

Well, I just bought a cherry XR600R and as my first resource I'm asking you all this before I call F.C. (going with the Showa USD up front)

What's a good set up for the XR600R rear suspension? When this bike was king, what did the pros do for a rear shock? I'd expected this to be an easy to search for item, but I can't seem to find much about it. Lots of talk about re-valve, but I'm hoping to get something more modern on there, with a high speed circuit.

Anyone have experience with this?

• cleonard

Posted February 22, 2008 - 01:10 PM

There used to be some aftermarket shocks available, like a Ohlins (sp?), but I kind of doubtful about availability since the last XR600 was made in 2000.

Due to the extra leverage in the linkage, using something else usually means replacing the swingarm, linkage, shock, etc.

I thought that the shock does have a high speed circuit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zipper600

Posted February 22, 2008 - 01:37 PM

i personally saw a ohlins shock for sale.600 euros.used.60 kms from where i live.

i think its a lot of money..

• creeky

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:31 PM

I used a WP Superadjuster shock on a '91 XR600 and a '98 HRC 628, worked VERY well.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.