white graphics

35 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:20 PM

the huricane kit does look extremly nice on the white plastics. how did you polish your clutch cover. it looks sick.

• Wyatt

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:52 PM

I stripped the paint and leave it raw. I just hit it with a little steel wool before that picture was taken to make it shine a little.

• bhiggins25

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:06 PM

In my humble opinion, Wyatt's bike is the best looking YZF I have ever seen. Looks very clean, simple and OEM-ish.

Awesome job adapting the LE graphics.

• Nitrox

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:35 PM

Wyatt,

Where did you purchase your graphics? What brand are they? They look great!

Thanks

Craig

• bhiggins25

Posted February 25, 2008 - 06:06 PM

Not to step on Wyatt's toes or anything, but I'm 99.9% sure they're the '06 YZF limited edition OEM graphics, perhaps trimmed a little.

Posted Image

Ben

• bboyce

Posted February 25, 2008 - 06:54 PM

These are what I have on my 250f right now.

Posted Image

• bnyfe

Posted February 25, 2008 - 07:28 PM

I have my favorite too, but you know they all look nice! Must be the YZF factor!:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Not to step on Wyatt's toes or anything, but I'm 99.9% sure they're the '06 YZF limited edition OEM graphics, perhaps trimmed a little.

Posted Image

Ben

That is what they are. The OEM LE graphics, like other OEM YZ graphics, don't cover the entire shroud, and these have very little yellow actually in them to trim off. It's a good look on the white, isn't it? Like a Henry kit without the red.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ProjectDIRT

Posted February 25, 2008 - 08:18 PM

god. i love yamahas. they look good in anything

• Wyatt

Posted February 26, 2008 - 08:03 AM

You are correct. They are the oem special edition graphics. No aftermarket graphics seem to be as well made as the oem ones. There is a little yellow to trim off, but not much. My bike now has shrouds with team graphics from my dealer, Gullo Yamaha.

I still have the shrouds in the picture and I really think they look much better. I can put them on from time to time to have the black and white look.

I made my '06 black and white before the white '07's came out. I thought I really did something special until Yamaha made white YZs the next year. I think they got the idea from me. haaaaa....

• Nitrox

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:18 AM

So are these graphics still available? If so where?

Craig

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:27 AM

They are Genuine Yamaha parts:

5XC-2173L-01-00 (left side)

5XC-2174L-01-00 (right side)

They retail for $86.....EACH

• Wiz636

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:31 AM

They retail for $86.....EACH

Are they available in a non-gold plated version???? :smirk:

• MxWFO

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Try Decal Works. decalmx.com
They can do complete custom graphics or they have a few semi-custom kits. I am getting the T-5 done in white. It costs a little bit extra to get them to change the colors from blue to white,but it is worth it. Talk to Dan O'neil he should be able to get you hooked up.

• NorCal

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:00 PM

You are correct. They are the oem special edition graphics. No aftermarket graphics seem to be as well made as the oem ones. There is a little yellow to trim off, but not much. My bike now has shrouds with team graphics from my dealer, Gullo Yamaha.

I still have the shrouds in the picture and I really think they look much better. I can put them on from time to time to have the black and white look.

I made my '06 black and white before the white '07's came out. I thought I really did something special until Yamaha made white YZs the next year. I think they got the idea from me. haaaaa....

I was going to do the same thing until I found out how much the stealership was
charging for the shroud graphics. :smirk:

• bhiggins25

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:35 PM

By the way, I've seen the OEM GYTR 'white flow' graphic kit online for as low as $54.95 for the set. Not quite as good looking as Wyatt's graphics, but still factory and less than half the price.

Part number is GYT-2S225-90-00

Ben

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.