hard to get in netural

3 replies to this topic
  • crowboy15

Posted February 21, 2008 - 05:52 PM

i have an 08 yz450 it seems harder to get in netural than it than it should be anyone notice this:confused:

• djtroy

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:12 PM

i have an 08 yz450 it seems harder to get in netural than it than it should be anyone notice this:confused:

When the clutch starts to go it gets tricky.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:58 AM

I suggest changing oil brand - I had similar experience with my 06 using Yamilube.....Amsoil solved this issue

• grayracer513

Posted February 22, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Clutch drag is the usual cause. The drag makes one gear hold in more than it should at idle. Then when you finally force it out, you can't back off the lever quickly enough to keep it from flying across neutral into the next gear.

Improper cable adjustment, high idle speed, and disagreeable oil are normally what's behind this in a newer bike. Bikes with more time on them can add worn or warped plates and notched clutch baskets to the list of suspects.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.